AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am building a HT room in the basement and I bought 3 Polk Audio LC265i in-wall speakers for my fronts. I also purchased the Polk Performance Enclosures for these speakers.

My question is, how should I construct the wall that these speakers are going to be mounted in? There is already a 2x4 wood framed frost wall there (couple inch space behind it and then the concrete foundation wall). I am not going for 100% sound isolation (although that would be nice) but I would like to reduce the amount of noise that will leak from this room if possible.

I am assuming if I do some sort of resilient channel, with double drywall (preferrably with Green Glue between the layers) that would be a good way to go? Are there any issues with doing this in a wall with in-wall speakers? Is there a better way to go? I'd rather not do a double wall due to room size restrictions. And I don't havea a big budget for this project.

Thanks,

Brad

· Registered
3,258 Posts
Unfortunately, in-wall speakers and sound isolation do not play together well. You should either try to isolate sound or not. A partial effort is a waste of money. Best would be to fasten the back enclosures directly to the speakers and mount these on the wall, not in it.

- Terry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.