AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an economical source for the Resilient Sound Isolation Clip for use with "Hat Channel" :rolleyes:

If I go standard resilient channel I'll need to do allot of strapping. I figure with RSIC-1 I'll be able to avoid strapping the ceiling.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Does it make sense at all to use this RSIC system if one is going to have to use a suspended type ceiling? How big a difference does it make on walls and how hard is it to install vs. standard RC installation.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Does it make sense to use the RSIC-1 clips on an existing drywall ceiling to add a second layer of drywall, (i.e. screw the clips thru the existing drywall into the joices) or would it be better to rip out the existing drywall and attach the clips directly to the joices? The PAC-INTL site does not show any applications where the clip is attached to a drywall surface.

Also, what do these clips cost? I have a 25' x 24' x 9' room which I am building out into a HT so will be needing tons of these clips.

Any advice/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

--curtis

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would think you would be fine to leave the existing layer, but call Mike in Tech Services at Pac. He has always been extremely helpful when I have called with questions. You will likely need 140-160 clips according to the usage chart I have from Pac. If you order directly from them, the cost is $5 each.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$6 each or $5 based on a quantity of 100 or is it 300 ? Seems to be the price either from Pac or someone like SilentSource.

For my application the clips alone would be ~500$.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They come in boxes of 100. Silent Source charges $6 each for quantities less than a full box. If one orders direct from PAC Int'l, they simply charge $5 each, I just got 60 last week.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The RSIC-1 clip in their literature shows it screwed tight to the joist for example. I'd need the ceiling to hang lower.

Can the standard clip be used or should one use the RSIC-1 with the integral bracket?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
About 2" to the finished drywall so 1 3/8" to clear a 3/4" pipe

If I strap I would just and RC-1 the ceiling. I was hoping to get away from strapping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.