AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i at a level where i need different types of guns to get thru this, and i accidently went thru some levels without getting the new weapons that was there, like the two handguns and etc., i need someone to help me on how i can get those weapons, so i can go thru these missions.

·
Registered
630 Posts
You should be able to replay any previous level through the main menu.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The two hand guns (reapers) arent available until you finish the game, and start it over again. And it's kind of hard to miss the new weapons. The Reapers for example are place on the inside of a building as soon as you walk in the door..there they are...

Have you finished the game yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Impression /forum/post/0

i at a level where i need different types of guns to get thru this, and i accidently went thru some levels without getting the new weapons that was there, like the two handguns and etc., i need someone to help me on how i can get those weapons, so i can go thru these missions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off, you don't need the twin hand guns for ANYTHING. I rarely used them as they are pretty weak and you go thru the ammo too fast. What level are you on? Gamefaqs has a has a walkthrough. You can back up and play previous levels over. The faq will tell you which weapons are in which levels. Also, the weapons will appear more the once in the game.

Curyman

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok /forum/post/0

You should be able to replay any previous level through the main menu.

aight, imma try that right now.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
**post contains spoilers of unlockable weapons

I'm assuming this is your second play-through. (You mention the two handguns/reapers that are only unlocked once you finish the game once.) While the 2nd play-through weapons are kinda neat, they're not necessary to get you through the game. Again. (If you've stepped it up to difficult, I mean.) The reapers, in particular, lost their usefulness to me pretty quickly. The only unlockable weapon I found myself using all the time the second time through is the flamethrower. (L11-2 Dragon) With this awesome unlockable you can basically run through hallways and small rooms of enemies with sprint-like ease!

Having said that, though, once you get the hang of things, all you actually need to get yourself comfortably through the game is the carbine, bullseye, rocket launcher, the sniper gun, and maybe an air-grenade or two. (Plus the regular grenades.) Uncomfortably, all you really need is the bullseye.

As for the other unlockable weapons that you may have missed, I'm not sure I'd recommend going back to get them. Actually, I wouldn't...unless you're excited about novelty of them. There's a backlash grenade that's ok, but I never found it more damaging than a hedgehog or frag grenade. (It creates a giant bubble shield around an enemy that reflect all his weapon fire back at himself.) The splitter gun is...well....weird. It shoots out big blocks of...some kind of funny-looking ammo...that you can split into three blocks if you want. Apparently it's pretty effective against Titans, but as much as I try to use it in regular battle, it's just too...clunky and gimmicky to me. Albeit powerful. Same goes for the arc charger. Yes, it's powerful too, but I found it hit or miss trying to bounce the charge off more than one enemy.

Again, all I'd recommend is the flamethrower of all the unlockable weapons. And you can find that in the Bristol level, "Devil at the Door". (Which is well into the game.)

Good luck with your game!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I found the blacklash grenade to be great tool for enclosed areas with a lot of Chimeras. Just throw it, stand behind it and watch them kill themselves... Quality entertainment there.. I argee about the reapers...useless... and the Flamthrowers is fun too

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz /forum/post/0

I found the blacklash grenade to be great tool for enclosed areas with a lot of Chimeras. Just throw it, stand behind it and watch them kill themselves... Quality entertainment there...

Yeah, there's that. And I agree, it is actually pretty funny!
But in terms of the # of kills per grenade, it isn't as fast or effective as an air fuel grenade, or a hedgehog, either. (Grenades you don't need to unlock.) Of course, the Hailstorm's auto-turret clip is by far the best "grenade" you'd want to use to clear out a room in a hurry! A thing of beauty is that killing machine! (Even though the gun itself is pretty horrible.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.