AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my 30 feet long XLR cable between BFD and iNuke through digital multimeter set to the lowest 200 ohms setting. Here are the results;

+ = 33 ohms

- = 33 ohms

ground = 36 ohms

Got this cable locally made and i was hearing a loud hum from the sub even when there was no signal. I think there should be no resistance coz it's a balanced cable. is the cable bad or what??

·
Registered
4,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123  /t/1468920/resistance-of-balanced-cable-for-inuke-6000-dsp#post_23220746

I think there should be no resistance coz it's a balanced cable.
An ideal conductor has zero resistance. However, any practical conductor short of a superconducting conductor, has resistance.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it normal then? If so, my noise floor is 54dB
, which is way too high. Um using iNuke to power DIY sub. It is badly humming. The hum is audible from as far as 8 feet. The hum goes away when I unplug the cable from iNuke. What to do. What is a typical resistance of a good XLR cable? Mine is 30 feet long

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The humming dropped by half at least after i resoldered all the XLR joints on either ends. But iNuke web GUI still shows -52dB signal on the input and ouput level meters even when there is no signal present. What could be the cause?? Accedentally touching the BFD body, I realized it gave me a shock. I think BFD is not properly grounded.

Any thoughts/insight??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.