AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been looked at before, but I have not been able to find the thread...

I'm got my htpc setup using the tv-out for the time being, but cannot get a full screen to display in my tv (there is a black border around, even though I have resized to max using the ati panel). I remember skimming a post which addressed how to resize the output to the full screen, I believe with a tweak program.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!! Todd

·
Registered
40 Posts
Download Rage3d (google search, don't have link handy sorry), and you can enable Overscan.

Personally however, I prefer non-overscan as there is no ati program to my knowledge with the funcionality of tv-tool and there is a vertical stretch issue.

Hope this helps

Morien

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the leads! I don't care if it is an actual ATI program, just that it works on my ATI card to enable overscan (I knew there was a term for this!)! I'll check out the "tv-tool" you refered to as well.

Thanks for the help!! Todd

·
Registered
674 Posts
tv tool is only for nvidia cards

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tsjdesign
... using the tv-out for the time being, but cannot get a full screen to display in my tv (there is a black border ...). ...
My problem with Radeon out-to-TV is the opposite ... i.e., the window control widgets (minimize, window, close) are above of the field of view when apps are maximized. Am I correct in believing there's no remedy for vertically squishing (or moving) the display?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Rarewolf,

The Radeon drivers allow for limited adjustment of vertical and horizontal position and size.

But most people will never be able to fill the screen vertically. And therefore have black bars top and bottom.

Your TV has a lot of overscan, so in your case you should be able to reduce vertical size and or adjust vertical position to show the task bar.

Good luck.

Regards,

Owen

The ffdshow resize – sharpen dude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.