AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears as though my picture gets zoomed in when I switch the resolution to 720p, or 1080i on my Xbox 360, using both HDMI, and component cables.

I have a 42" Philips 42PF5421D/37 LCD HDTV, and it supports both 720p, and 1080i. I tried to change the setting on the TV, but it only offers 2 options when using an HDMI connection: Automatic, and Widescreen. I have it set to widescreen, because automatic constantly zooms the image in.

I tried setting the resolution to 480p, and the image looked like it should. But when I change it to a higher resolution, the top, and bottom get cut off by about 1 - 2 inches, the sides get cut off by about 5 - 6 inches, and the games I play look more pixelated than they should.

A friend of mine had the same problem, but his TV has a setting that zooms the picture in, or out, and now his looks like it should. I don't see an option like that for my TV... Is my TV stuck like this regardless, or is there anything I can do?

I called Philips, and they had never heard of this before... Which didn't help me at all...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.