AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Bet a digital cinema signal would look pretty good on one of these.

Give it 7 years, we'll see sets with these resolutions be commonplace (like 1080 displays now), along with new sources to run them.

Until then, this is just a novelty item with very little to offer a consumer.

· Registered
486 Posts
LCD could have near infinite resolution and I still would not care, LCD is, in my opinion, an inherently flawed technology, even with the Brightside LED backlights you do not have 1:1 pixel illumination and with such a backlight system you then add the possibility of uneven screen wear as the LED's would dim over time (admittedly a long time but it would still happen). Additionally, LCD's images are composed of totally polarized light, they have to be color filtered to obtain RGB, will, for sure, never have as good of a viewing angle as plasma/CRT and will suffer some sort of lag just by nature of the crystals twisting to block/pass light. If there is any technology that I truly dislike it is LCD. I do remember the change from passive matrix to active matrix as I used to be into pocket TV's when I was in 4th/5th grade (I was always looking for the best technology; I know, I am a total nerd) but while I agree they have come a long way since passive matrix, the flaws I saw on my Sony Video walkman back in 1992-93 still very much exist in today's LCD's (my Sony GV-200 screen was the best of its time and I would say that it compares pretty well with today's LCD's).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.