AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PC with a MyHD card in it and a transcoder to view both my desktop and HD programs on the TV.

To be able to view the XP desktop I have to view it on 640X480 and everything is so big almost every menu is cut off.

Apparently I cannot view at 720p on this TV. Is there any tricks for making the 640X480 resolution easier to view?

Mike

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, the HD presentation is spectacular, and the Windows desktop does work, it is just that the resolution is such that anything I display (such as explorer) is just so big and so much is cut off it is hard to navigate around.

Mike

·
Registered
826 Posts
Mike,

The gist of it to get your video card to send out a signal that fools the HDTV into thinking it is connected to an HDTV STB or receiver.

Basically, your HDTV is expecting a signal @ 33.75KHz Scan and 59.94Hz refresh rates.

That link shows you how to send that information at different PC based resolutions.

To do this, you would need the aforementioned Powerstrip. It allows you to not only customize your PC's resolution and aspect ratio, but also the frequency at which signals are being sent.

Best thing to do is to start with the 640x480 res @ HDTV timings and work yourself up to the higher resoltions. i.e 960x540p as its exactly half of 1080i.

Now, your results will depend entirely on your video card.

But I'll suggest downloading Powerstrip ASAP.

Andrew.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.