AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not able to set the resolution for my HiDef TV, it is connected via DVI and has a max res of 1312x800, it is a 720p JVC HDILA. It only shows 1 choice of resolutions, I have changed my xorg.conf file to no avail. It also seems everytime I start the computer nothing shows on the TV until the OS is fully booted and ready to go, actually I have to go into nvidia settings everytime and manually start twin view. If I restart X I have to start the whole process over again. When I choose the option to edit xorg file on the nvidia settings page it doesnt do it, If I choose to view file and copy paste the new xorg file when I restart X it crashes and I really have to start from scratch. I am using the latest drivers installed via ENVY and have a dual boot system with a 6150geforce MOBO. Please help I dont want to use windows. PS even in windows it has to fully boot into OS before I can see anything on the TV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is the relevant section of my xorg.conf that enabled 720p from Nvidia 6200 to my mits WD62725. This works if i plug in to vga or hdmi out on the card. For some reason the Nvidia gui would not enable 720p.

Section "Device"

Identifier "Videocard0"

Driver "nvidia"

VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"

BoardName "GeForce 6200"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"

# HorizSync source: xconfig, VertRefresh source: xconfig

Identifier "Monitor0"

VendorName "Unknown"

ModelName "CRT-0"

HorizSync 30.0 - 70.0

VertRefresh 50.0 - 160.0

Option "IgnoreEDID"

ModeLine "720p" 73.825 1280 1320 1368 1640 720 722 724 751 +hsync +vsync

EndSection

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Device "Videocard0"

Monitor "Monitor0"

DefaultDepth 24

Option "metamodes" "1280x720_60 +0+0"

SubSection "Display"

Viewport 0 0

Depth 24

Modes "720p"

EndSubSection

EndSection

You can also google mythtv and modeline to find a larger variety of configs for hdtv output.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.