Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sharp z2000 DLP projector.

I have an ATI x300 video card using the DVI-D connection to my projector. With the Catalyst 5.8 drivers installed, I can set the resolution to 1280x720 and it looks great. When I reboot, however, it is resetting to the lowest possible resolution.

Any fixes?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
That problem is caused when your projector does not support the DDC data line back to you graphics card.

You need to install a monitor profile (INF) file that supports the native resolution of the projector instead of using the default Plug and Pray monitor profile that Windows installed.

I installed an old INF file for a Sansung DLP.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I ran into the same problem. I have the secondary head of my ATI 9700 connected to my HDTV. Till CAT 5.8, i could get the resolution to start at 1920 x 1080i on startup. Now it defaults to 640 x 480 and i need to change it manually after reboot.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Watson
That problem is caused when your projector does not support the DDC data line back to you graphics card.

You need to install a monitor profile (INF) file that supports the native resolution of the projector instead of using the default Plug and Pray monitor profile that Windows installed.

I installed an old INF file for a Sansung DLP.

where do u recommend i find a monitor profile?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADebar
where do u recommend i find a monitor profile?
You can use this INF file. You can also edit the [strings] section of the INF file to change the names to your project name and model so that Windows does not call it a Samsung DLP.

Samsung507.zip 0.5615234375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.