AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone explain resolutions to me in regards to a 4:3 rptv or point me to a post explaining.

In a nut shell i have no idea why my tv does what it does. I have a 720x1080i resolution that almost works perfect for my game but the 1080i is overscanned to much and i cant figure out how to correct it. So i went in to powerstrip and selected karins 720x1080i, clicked lock total geometry then lowered the 1080 to 900. It took the resolution but at 60hz so it didnt work.

Then i thought that i could take 1280x960i which looks good on my tv and "zoom in?" or "stretch" a 1024x768i res to 1280x960i which would make the game really big. That didnt work, i got a box that was not full screen.

My favorite resolution on my desktop for where i sit is 720x480, it looks great and the text if very readable. I wish the game would run at 720x480 or i could somehow tweak it to.

Anyway, if you get a good laugh out of this, your welcome and i hope you can help me cause laughter is worth something isnt it, hehe.

thx!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.