AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello All,

I know this is a very old TV but I need some expert help for what is hopefully a simple problem.

I decided to upgrade my firmware from version 115 to the latest 124 which I downloaded from Hitachi.

I got a 2G SDRAM/MMC card, copied the unzipped file onto the card and inserted into the reader behind the TV.

I went to the on screen menu and selected "Setup" then "Reset Software".  I then highlighted upgrade and pressed the SELECT button - nothing happened.

Here is some more information.

I - I used multiple SD/MMC cards and none worked.

2 - The cards were formatted the default FAT32.

3 - I tried resetting to factory settings, no help.

The TV upgrade function does nothing whether the card is inserted or not. (Not even an error). 

I am looking for information on how to test the MMC card reader to verify that it is working or broken, and also how to verify that I have set up the MMC card correctly.

The reason I wanted to upgrade after all this time is I am thinking about using the CableCard functionality and though it would be a good idea to have the firmware current.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
John, I have a different model a P60X901 that I did a firmware upgrade on. I got a 7pin mmc card and a cheap iogear memory card reader/writer. Downloaded the update to my computer then used the iogear to write to the card. Went to the "Reset The Software" in menu "Setup" and clicked the "Upgrade Now" box. Then after it was complete turned off power and unplugged tv. Can you put pictures on the mmc card and try viewing them on your tv? Should be a good function test for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the quick reply.  My memory cards are 9 pins (its a SD card - SANDisk 2G) does that matter?  Do I need to go find an old MMC card with just the 7 pins?

I tried copying some JPG files to the card and the TV did nothing when I inserted it.  I don't think the TV has that functionality though.  The MMC reader is in the back of the TV and I think is only used for firmware.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

To anyone that finds this thread through the search engines...

The problem was that the TV required a 7 pin MMC card.  I purchased one from Amazon and copied the firmware to it and the TV upgraded just as the documentation said it would.  The newer 9 pin cards fit nicely into the reader but the TV apparently does not recognize them.  You won't see any error and the TV will not 'lock up' like a Windows computer.

Thanks for all that read this thread, wmrjr for helping, and for those who have the same problem, good luck.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please Help!

If anyone finds this thread, I have the OTA audio issue on two channels on two different 42hds69 TV's. I have been through countless forums and Hitachi support. I have tried downloading and upgrading the firmware with over 10 different SD/MMC cards and can't get it to work.

If someone is willing to mail me their card that has worked to upgrade the firmware, I will pay all shipping costs and throw in some extra money for the hassle.

Please send a private message to set up mailing the card.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hitachi 42hds69 tv

If anyone finds this thread, I have the OTA audio issue on two channels on two different 42hds69 TV's. I have been through countless forums and Hitachi support. I have tried downloading and upgrading the firmware with over 10 different SD/MMC cards and can't get it to work.

If someone is willing to mail me their card that has worked to upgrade the firmware, I will pay all shipping costs and throw in some extra money for the hassle.

Please send a private message to set up mailing the card.
Did you ever manage to get your 42hds69 Hitachi fixed? I too cannot get sound on about 3 channels and the cards I've used won't upgrade the software. I just ordered a 7 pin card from Amazon and will try your solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts