AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to resume a movie from where u left off after stopping it using the bluetooth remote or a controller?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGZ28 /forum/post/15580640


Is there a way to resume a movie from where u left off after stopping it using the bluetooth remote or a controller?

(i think) dvd movies and blu-rays that do not have a java program will resume from where you left off, even after powering down the ps3. java bd movies have a bookmark feature that works well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,947 Posts
Yep. I was watching a DVD the other night, took it out to play a game for a little while, put the DVD back in the next day and it picked up right from where I had stopped it. Very cool.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George /forum/post/15580755


Yep. I was watching a DVD the other night, took it out to play a game for a little while, put the DVD back in the next day and it picked up right from where I had stopped it. Very cool.

Musta been one hell of a movie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1010 /forum/post/15580690


(i think) dvd movies and blu-rays that do not have a java program will resume from where you left off, even after powering down the ps3. java bd movies have a bookmark feature that works well.

Well I'm watching Babylon AD, not exactly riveting theater, so I have stopped it several times. Would like to hit play and pick up where I left off. Guess I'll have to remember to bookmark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,144 Posts
Considering no DVDs have Java, all DVDs you stop in the middle should restart wherever you left off.


The problem with BDs is that almost all new movies have it, which makes the built in feature almost useless. Luckily more and more BDs are coming with their own Bookmarking feature, and make use of the colored bottons on your remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/15582385


Considering no DVDs have Java, all DVDs you stop in the middle should restart wherever you left off.

that's how i meant it: 1) dvds, and 2) blu-rays w/ no java.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,817 Posts
My experience with this feature has been hit-or-miss, as well. Still don't completely understand it. But I watch most of my movies off the PS3 HDD or on my HTPC, so it doesn't really bother me much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15583283


My experience with this feature has been hit-or-miss, as well. Still don't completely understand it. But I watch most of my movies off the PS3 HDD or on my HTPC, so it doesn't really bother me much.

Not a major factor for me as I do usually watch movies straight through, but on those occasions when I don't it would be nice to have without having to remember to bookmark. I'm too quick on the stop button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
How do you STOP this from happening? I actually don't like it. My kids like watching CARS 500 times a day and if it's picks up where it left off they get upset. I know life's tough.

disclaimer: I don't actually let my kids watch that much tv.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 /forum/post/15585620


How do you STOP this from happening? I actually don't like it. My kids like watching CARS 500 times a day and if it's picks up where it left off they get upset. I know life's tough.

disclaimer: I don't actually let my kids watch that much tv.

instead of hitting "x" on the movie icon, you can hit "triangle" and pick "play from beginnig." if the movie starts when you power on, you can un-check that feature in settings. "auto-play," or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15583283


My experience with this feature has been hit-or-miss, as well. Still don't completely understand it. But I watch most of my movies off the PS3 HDD or on my HTPC, so it doesn't really bother me much.

There are a few things people should realize about how this works:


1) Some BDs are authored in BD-J (java), so the resume feature will never work with them. (coop already mentioned this)


2) For BDs that are authored in BD-J, not all of them have bookmarking features enabled. If you press the green button on the BD remote or the menu overlay (using triangle on the PS3 controller), and it says "this operation is not available here" or something to that effect, then bookmarking is not available with that title.


3) Even for BDs and DVDs that the resume feature works on, if you eject the disc without exiting the movie first (pressing the stop/circle button and then confirming to exit the movie), the PS3 will not remember where you left off.


Brandon
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top