AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the many reviews for this is calling it the new "LOST". Don't know about that, but I'm down for the pilot, anyway. It remains to be seen if it follows the formula of the best show that almost was; viewers and network execs don't have much patience anymore. Premiers tonight, 9/8 central (check your clocks, LOL)..

http://abc.go.com/shows/resurrection

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
This is an American copy of French "The Returned" which was broadcast on Sundance. I enjoyed that one, even subtitled. The American version will not have any of the minor nudity shown on the French version, being American after all.
I've got my DVR set to record so I can make my own judgements....

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1521752/resurrection-on-abc#post_24460062

Can't imaging that it's as engaging as LOST originally was. Because the premise sounds anything but original. How long ago was 'The 4400' ...?

Life is short. Think I'll pass.
I remember that series, but don't remember how it played out. It seems those "returnees" were only missing (alien-abductees?). Here, it seems some who actually died are given a second go-round. So the mystery will involve around who or what is making this possible. Don't think audiences will wait 23 eps to find that out, though.

·
Registered
28,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy  /t/1521752/resurrection-on-abc#post_24460127

I remember that series, but don't remember how it played out. It seems those "returnees" were only missing (alien-abductees?).

I'm not sure but I think they were from the future or something. Don't think aliens were involved...? I do remember it started out very cool (and had one of the all-time great opening theme song/montages, IMO) but went on a few seasons too long, descending into increasing silliness. That may not be a problem here.

I do want to see the French version, though.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1521752/resurrection-on-abc/0_60#post_24460322

I do want to see the French version, though.
Didn't see it on Sundance, but it does sound like my kind of stuff.

I ordered the BD set the other day for 20 bucks from DVDplanet or some other place I can't remember.

If interested in buying, I'll track down where it was for ya.

Set up the DVR for this American version.

·
Premium Member
36,351 Posts
I'm pretty sure the airing on Sundance was the same French show that originally aired a couple of years ago. Sundance calls it an "original series" but it's not, it's "original" as far as US audiences go.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
cosmic irony (given Cosmos) that Red Forman is the lead actor on a series with House Foreman as an Supporting Actor?

lmao @ hollyweird meta ****.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
For a pilot, I think they rolled out the mystery a little slowly for my taste. There just didn't seem to be enough meat to make this an interesting series. Obviously, they plan on introducing more characters as the season progresses, but they should have done just a little more in the pilot.

·
Registered
20,670 Posts
I enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Perhaps to a certain island? But what I'd really like to know, is how to get that Donkey Kong app on my phone.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr  /t/1521752/resurrection-on-abc/0_60#post_24461897

Seems like more people are taking about Cosmos and Walking Dead.
"More people" are always the "dumb people."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1521752/resurrection-on-abc/0_60#post_24462425

Perhaps to a certain island?
You are a VERY cruel man....

·
Registered
474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928  /t/1521752/resurrection-on-abc#post_24460088

This is an American copy of French "The Returned" which was broadcast on Sundance. I enjoyed that one, even subtitled. The American version will not have any of the minor nudity shown on the French version, being American after all.
I've got my DVR set to record so I can make my own judgements....

Incorrect. A&E will be doing that. This is based off of a different book.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

I've run out of recorders for 9 pm Sunday.  Good Wife and Masterpiece, and now 3 more.  I liked the brilliant color at the beginning.  I'll give it a go, certainly more engaging than many other shows this year. 

·
Registered
14,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan  /t/1521752/resurrection-on-abc#post_24463784

I'll watch a few more, hopefully it won't get bogged down in romantic relationship conflicts as so many ABC shows seem to do.

That's largely why I didn't even bother watching the pilot. ABC twist everything to try and aim for the female demo. I expect soapy dramatics to ensue.

Reactions: Keenan
1 - 20 of 162 Posts