AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone reccomend a relatively large-scale retail shop where I could shop and buy a HDTV antenna? Not a set-top/indoor unit, but a root/attic antenna. I see a bunch online, but the S&H charges are insane for the lager ones. Radio shack says they have them, but none of the retail stores near me stock them. Walmart doesnt have them. Can someone reccomend a place to look?

· Banned
529 Posts
I believe an HDTV Antenna is pretty much a regular UHF antenna. For this you might want to try Lowes or Home Depot. I think even BB and CC have a (very) limited selection. I was also going to suggest RadioShack but it sounds like you've already struck-out there!

· Registered
456 Posts
There's no such thing as an HDTV antenna, any that claim to be are just marketing hype.. You just need a regular TV antenna, either VHF/UHF or UHF-only depending on your local stations.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked BB and CC, no dice... or rather, they dont list any on their websites... so I havent checked the stores. Do HD/Lowes carry those? I never thought to check there... I've also never noticed them there too...

Right now I'm using a $30 RCA indoor set-top amplified unit... and it's plugged in outside and has been rained on 3x... time to upgrade to a real antenna in the attic :p

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, then I'll reword my question. Where can I get an outdoor/rooftop UHF antenna? HDTV or UHF terminology isnt the issue. Where the heck can I buy one is.

· Banned
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by edskee
I checked BB and CC, no dice... or rather, they dont list any on their websites... so I havent checked the stores. Do HD/Lowes carry those? I never thought to check there... I've also never noticed them there too...

Right now I'm using a $30 RCA indoor set-top amplified unit... and it's plugged in outside and has been rained on 3x... time to upgrade to a real antenna in the attic :p
BB and CC both do have antennas on their web sites. I was just looking at them there myself.

· Banned
529 Posts
Well they're not exactly front and center. Here you go just in case...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catO...ategorylist.do

But...not much of a seelction really and they are mostly mostly Terks which many others in these forums have a low opinion of. Personally, I'm ordering a SquareShooter SS-2000 from an online source (probably solidsignal - you might want to check them out also). You might also try sears.com.

· Registered
3,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by frankie d
try ace hardware, they have the channel master, both uhf and vhf. frankie d
Plus they'll ship for free to a local Ace hw store, where you can pick it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.