AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Retailer Feedback - www.designeraudiovideo.com --Any good?

Looking at thier speaker pricing and they are $100 less than most. I realize they don't offer the manufacture warranty but for rear surround speakers this could be a great way to save...anyone have experience with them? 

I wasn't sure were I should post this? So since I'm looking for speakers I'll post here and if a moderator wants to move it that would be great. 

·
Registered
19,788 Posts
They are not authorized sellers of the manufacturer products - you do not get the

manufacturer warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_  /t/1522053/retailer-feedback-www-designeraudiovideo-com-any-good#post_24468358

4.17 / 10 rating with 21 reviews:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/designeraudiovideo
WOW! I wonder if the VERY FEW positive reviews were their own people trying to pad the stats....sounds like they have issues getting product out the door. 

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Probably not. These web sites don't allow the reseller to post unless they pay. Few are willing to have to pay to clear up customer service issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I got a bad feeling about www.designeraudiovideo.com  and didn't use them. It was suspect that all their negative reviews were realistically spread out over a few months and all their positive reviews were in a consistent day after day order like someone was leaving them to increase their own rating. PASSSSSSSSSS - I think they might need a lesson in customer service. Hopefully other people will see this thread and check out  http://www.reseller ratings.com/store/designeraudiovideo  and make an informed purchase. 

Found the speakers on Amazon from an authorized Def Tech dealer Electronic Expo - New/Open Box for $180 each (normally $250/ea) with the full factory warranty and Amazon Prime free shipping. Just stinks I have to pay tax. 

Def Tech System complete! 

Mythos 10 center

Mythos 2 Sides

SR-8040BP Rears

SVS BP1000 Sub

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Looks like a site I would avoid.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupin2  /t/1522053/retailer-feedback-www-designeraudiovideo-com-any-good#post_24468264

Retailer Feedback - www.designeraudiovideo.com --Any good?

Looking at thier speaker pricing and they are $100 less than most. I realize they don't offer the manufacture warranty but for rear surround speakers this could be a great way to save...anyone have experience with them?

If it's to good to be true then it probably best to avoid them, and if you don't feel comfortable doing business with them then it's good to follow your gut instinct.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I actually just tried out designeraudiovideo.com and purchased on 3/2/14 a Definitive Tech system because my budget simply wouldn't allow me to purchase it locally at retail.  I purchased 2 BP-8040ST / 1 CS8040HD / 2 sr-8040BP for $2000 shipped (they took off $55 the total price).  The system came in brand new as they promised and so far so good.  It arrived to my door step on 3/9 which was decent speed although amazon normally delivers within a day or two.  The upside is definitely that designer audio video can save you a nice amount of money but the downside would be if warranty then you will have to go through them.  Hopefully I never need warranty since this is not a cheap overall quality system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually just tried out designeraudiovideo.com and purchased on 3/2/14 a Definitive Tech system because my budget simply wouldn't allow me to purchase it locally at retail.  I purchased 2 BP-8040ST / 1 CS8040HD / 2 sr-8040BP for $2000 shipped (they took off $55 the total price).  The system came in brand new as they promised and so far so good.  It arrived to my door step on 3/9 which was decent speed although amazon normally delivers within a day or two.  The upside is definitely that designer audio video can save you a nice amount of money but the downside would be if warranty then you will have to go through them.  Hopefully I never need warranty since this is not a cheap overall quality system.
What difference does it make who gives you the warranty? Like you said when paying for high end equipment, or anything for that matter, a warranty should not be a factor. Although life happens, so they offer the same warranty as the manufacturer and claim they will go lower than competitor price. I did get an automated email so far, which I did not receive from other reseller. So far so good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stay away from designer audiovideo

They got my money and rerouted my speakers after it cleared my bank. I used a debit card !

Just warning everyone I can they have my money and the products I ordered, I can even file small claims because they are from new york~!

·
Registered
472 Posts
They got my money and rerouted my speakers after it cleared my bank. I used a debit card !

Just warning everyone I can they have my money and the products I ordered, I can even file small claims because they are from new york~!
If your bank is worth a crap you can get your money back. If they don't do that for you I'd say you received the same level of service from your bank as you received from designer audio and video.

Reactions: WHATTHEDILEO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't disagree with ya there! I have filed with the Attorney General and BBB and the FTC trying to use every option I have!

·
Registered
435 Posts

That is criminal. This makes me wonder where they got the products from in the first place or if they even had the products at all and is just big scam with a polished website.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i sent them an email asking if their prices were set in stone or if they would be willing to work with me.
I received a response back with our prices are much lower than retail.
I replied back with your prices are only 100 bucks less than listed price thanks i'll take my business else where. (meaning i'll find someone that is willing to make some sorta deal)
I received a response back with "Go for it lol, " and then he explained the price on the website was for a different finish and not the one i wanted

and the icing on the cake?

i was called a moron after i told him i would share this convo with you guys ;)

really professional huh?

stay far away

·
Registered
76 Posts
Even though this thread was started nearly two years ago, its recent "resurgence" is timely as I am considering buying HT speakers from this retailer. I see that it's rating is now up to 9.37/10: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/designeraudiovideo

Perhaps the better rating is through a lot of "in-house" reviews, or perhaps this seller has gotten much better over the past two years. Thoughts? Any recent first-hand experience?

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^^^
OK, I did call my speaker manufacturer, KEF. I am buying KEF T305 speakers for my family room. I asked the KEF sales rep if Designer Audio Video is an authorized retailer because they are the ONLY retailer discounting these speakers. Answer: NO, they are not an authorized retailer. I was told that they've had past calls about issues with Designer Audio Video to the point where they suspect it is a scam site. That alone made me say NO to this retailer. Don't trust them when I'm laying out this much money for speakers. I will deal directly with KEF (same price as retailers).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts