AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All!

A client of mine is looking to have some lighting control done in their home. They are requesting to have it integrated with Home Kit or Google Assistant. Seeing as Crestron has not yet been able to get Apple to play nice, I am exploring other options.

The project is a retro fit of about 222 switches. Caseta won't allow much of anything near that.

Just figured I'd see if anyone had any outside thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Morning All!

A client of mine is looking to have some lighting control done in their home. They are requesting to have it integrated with Home Kit or Google Assistant. Seeing as Crestron has not yet been able to get Apple to play nice, I am exploring other options.

The project is a retro fit of about 222 switches. Caseta won't allow much of anything near that.

Just figured I'd see if anyone had any outside thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
I am not a Lutron expert but Homeworks should work with over 200 devices and works with Google Home: https://www.residentialsystems.com/news/lutron-now-compatible-with-google-home

yes its more expensive but if they have 222 light switches I am sure its a large home and budget can likely tolerate it. Again I am not saying rip off your client but if they have 222 devices they are likely not looking for a cheap/quick fix solution but something robust and steady.

Are you installing Crestron for the rest of the system?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts