AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just made the switch from analog to digital cable (SD only). My cable company handed me a Motorola DCT700 converter box and an Atlas OCAP-5 (M1056) Universal Remote.

Is there any way I can configure the Motorola and/or the Atlas to let me still use my old TV and VCR/DVD remotes (Phillips and JVC, resp.) to control my TV and VHS/DVD devices like I use to under analog. Only the power and the volume buttons still seem to work on the old remotes. I've lost the 4 favorites buttons on the Phillips TV remote. The JVC VHS/DVD remote is to a professional unit that allowed me to jump to a given tape mark on a VHS tape, which is very nice for tapes w/different recordings on them.

The new Atlas remote dosen't seem to know anything about such tape marks and has only 1 favorite button. Plus it has a bunch of buttons I really don't need (On-Demand, etc.)

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
You can pretty much put whatever you want on any button on the atlas. So you could put those old favorite buttons on the new atlas buttons you have no current use for. If you can post the model numbers of your devices or, better yet, find atlas codes that at least power on your devices, there are likely codes for every function you want. HERE's and online code search and the MANUAL for your atlas, if you don't have it already. The How To link in my sig has some advanced programming instructions which aren't in the manual.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the fav button, but I think it's supposed to bring up some kind of favorites list on the cable box. (I have the same atlas as you, but don't have cable). However, the F1, F2 and OnDemand keys store multimacros (not sure how many). So each time you program a macro on those (like a 3-digit channel), it gets added without erasing the previous one. Then each button press cycles through them.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
That atlas remote shouldnt make your original remotes quit working.

However if you are asking if you can make your old Phillips and JVC remotes control the new Motorola box we need to know what remotes they are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Philips remote I use is # RC19335004/01.

This no. is on the inside of the battery cover. There are 3 more sets of nos. on the inside of the cover. No numbers on the outside of the remote. The 4 favorite buttons I am referring to are called by Philips "QuadraSurf" buttons.

The JVC remote is #RM-SDR013J and controls a JVC S-VHS/DVD player/recorder #SR-MV50U.

Ed

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
Here are some JVC advanced codes you could try once you find a partially working device code (possibly 1164 or 1275):

skip srch 00126

replay 00236

open/close 00194

memo/mark 00125

live check 00043

audio 00122

subtitle 00172

angle 00173

prog scan 00062

If your tv doesn't have pip, you could use the row of 4 pip buttons near the bottom for quadrasurf. Just program them like macros. Or put them all on the OnDemand button and cycle through.

As for programming your philips and/or jvc remotes, I haven't a clue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts