AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently retubbed (blue and green) guns in my 1208/2 with VDC rebuilds. Overall I am very happy with the results after spending (many) hours dialing the tubes in (newbies like me don't underestimate the time and patience and eyesight this takes). Following the Barco service manual and Guy's holy focus thread, I have managed to get the tubes focused (leaving blue a little defocused for gray scale) and the astigmatisim adjusted using the CPC magnets to get the center spots (internally generated pattern) perfectly round. The question I have is that both Barco and Guy recommend adjusting the shape of the spots by turning down the brightness, turning up the contrast and then under and overfocusing (for the various CPC adjustments). When I go from (electronically) focused to either under of overfoucsed the size of the red spots varies much less than the green and blue. That is on the red tube when I go from electronically focused (midpoint 49 setting) to overfocused (midpoint 99 setting) the red spots grow about 75% in size while the the green and blue grow about 125% (this is while the contrast is all the way up (99 setting) and brightness is all the way down (0 setting)). Note the spots don't move at all when this happens they just grow outward. Out of curiosity is this due to the variance between an original (red) and the rebuilt blue and green or is there some other setting (G2?) that could cause this?

Oh and for those of you who followed by previous thread on the bad RGB drive module that I experienced, it was resistor number 323 390k ohms near one of the power regulators on the RGB driver module that had gone open. It was replaced and I have put about 40 hours on my projector so far without any further incident. Keeping my fingers crossed ;-)

Miles

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.