AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for input on a possible exchange if anyone out there has experience with both sets. I purchased a Panasonic 50G20 bundled with a BT228 5.1 surround system for $1099 just before Thanksgiving. I've found that I can now get a Panasonic 50VT25 combined with the avatar 3D starter kit and 3D BD player for $1799. The 3D is a plus; however, I would like to see a definite increase in 2D PQ to justify the extra expense. The display will be used for mostly BD, sports, and 5-7 hrs weekly of ps3 gaming. What do you guys think? Thanks for any and all advice!

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
My feeling from looking at these in stores and from reading discussions here is that the G20/G25 2D picture quality very close to that of the VT20/VT25, with the nod going to the VT having slightly better blacks due to it's slightly blacker AR Filter. Dunno if there are any other differences that would matter on 2D content. I think the extra cost of the VT is not worth it if you don't really have to have 3D or a screen size larger than 54 inches.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywalters /forum/post/19649499

my feeling from looking at these in stores and from reading discussions here is that the g20/g25 2d picture quality very close to that of the vt20/vt25, with the nod going to the vt having slightly better blacks due to it's slightly blacker ar filter. Dunno if there are any other differences that would matter on 2d content. I think the extra cost of the vt is not worth it if you don't really have to have 3d or a screen size larger than 54 inches.

+1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping I would have several people telling me to pull the trigger. So, at what price difference do you see a point at which you could justify the added expense? Im thinking that I could just unload the 3D BD player since I have the PS3 which could get me in the area of only a $450-500 price increase.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
IMO, save your cash until you can pick up a decent projector and screen (~ $1200 will do it).

The impact of a really big screen is much greater than crummy 3D on a [relatively] small screen.

I run a projector and plasma in the same room. It's really not that difficult to setup and use if you use a pull down screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.