AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be returning this set regardless but would you return your 52" A650 if you found 1 dead pixel. It's about 3 inches up and in from the lower right corner. If I try, I can see that Fawker from where I recline at 9'. Call me a liar if you want, I measured and I CAN see it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
K, you are a liar. lol

Na, I doubt it's just one dead pixel though if you can see if from 9' away. Sometimes they die in clusters and it can appear as one dead when it is really many.

In either case, no I wouldn't send it back because of one dead pixel. Watching a movie or anything that moves in general, I would have an EXTREMELY hard time finding the dead pixel even at a few feet away... even knowing exactly where it is.

My rule when I buy a TV? Give a quick look over from 5' when watching one of my favorite movies. If I can't find anything wrong I am not going to go looking for something.

·
Registered
549 Posts
return it, who know's if a year from know it blows up on you. I wouldn't take a chance with it, but hey its your money you decide. year from know if the picture decide's to explode then you will learn a lesson.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Return it. The fact that you took the time to measure it, think about it, and post it on the forum is bugging you.

This is going to be bugging you for the rest of the life of the LCD. So, you might as well return it now while you can. Otherwise, you are going to be kicking yourself for not doing so for the next few years once the return policy expires.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You've also gotta keep in mind that the chances of having a single or more dead pixel increases while you go up in size due to the additional amount of pixels the screen has.. My first LCD had 1 dead pixel dead center on the screen that was only noticeable sitting 2 feet away.. I didn't return it because of that but I did return it after due to uneven backlighting..

What would you do if u exchanged it and got one with more dead pixels?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Who says you have the right to return it? Read the manufacturers warranty and you will find out that 1 pixel is not considered a defect. If they allow you to return it great but don't start whining if they don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts