AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, iv owned my panasonic 50s30 now for a bit over a week... and i am split on how i feel about it.

I broke it in correctly, and have calibrated with avia 2 (disney wow is on its way). My impression... very limited settings menu... and i find no matter what i get a pixledated look at times...

I know everyone will tell me to upgrade to the st30.. however.. I am on a budget, and can not spend any more money.

I noticed the lg pv450, that was actually cheap (i like that), and also a zenith Zenith Z50PV220. I know the zenith will have limited info since its not popular, but how does the s30 compare to the lg pv450???

would it be smart to make the exchange?

edit: after more research... looking a lg.. .the top budget i could possibly spend would be a lg pk540 or lg pz550... also still the lgpv450...

thoughts on these 3 vs the panny s30?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Samsung PN51D530 has been on sale for $799 and the LG 50450 for $699. I would select one of those 2, my choice being the Samsung. For a better Panasonic, you would have to step up to the ST30 as the S30 doesn't quite have the full 1080 resolution.

·
Registered
130 Posts
From many folks on this board, the additional 180 lines of moving resolution will be difficult to notice except on "test patterns". If this is the case- why will it mattter?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, it just turns out that in order for me to return, it will be 15% restocking fee... thats $120.... not worth returning anymore...

im not upset with my tv, i just always want better lol, but with a budget, i suppose this is the best I can do. The other tvs i listed would have to be shipped to store, that why i never considered the first time, or i may have made a better decision...

i have calibration br on the way... i just wish there would be someone who could post there service menu after calibration as has been done on other tv settings

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkjeep7 /forum/post/0

well, it just turns out that in order for me to return, it will be 15% restocking fee... thats $120.... not worth returning anymore...

im not upset with my tv, i just always want better lol, but with a budget, i suppose this is the best I can do. The other tvs i listed would have to be shipped to store, that why i never considered the first time, or i may have made a better decision...

i have calibration br on the way... i just wish there would be someone who could post there service menu after calibration as has been done on other tv settings

Should of bought from Costco never a restocking fee

·
Registered
8,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by techowiz /forum/post/20881394

From many folks on this board, the additional 180 lines of moving resolution will be difficult to notice except on "test patterns". If this is the case- why will it mattter?

It's not the resolution that's the issue with this TV. On paper it specs out OK, but from what I've seen there are some real issues with motion artifacts on this display.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts