Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I had an Akai PDP 4294 from costco for a while, but I was never 100% satsified even with lots of tweaks.

Dark areas were never any good and watching digital cable was not that great.

I returned it today for the Panny TH-42PA25U/P.

WOW.

What a difference.

I am watching the remade dvd Return of the Jedi and there are a lot of dark scenes.

Incredilbe handling of blacks...color is so much better.

It's just night and day vs the akai.

Anyway, just wanted to share my story.

You can see pics of my now old akai..here----> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=354441

chania98

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've been thinking about returning one of my Akais too - one has an annoying buzz. My big concern is that the VGA appears to be on the front of the Panny, so it would look messy in my wall mounted setup. Can the DVI-HDCP input on the back be used with a PC, or is it totally different?

·
Registered
278 Posts
DVI should work, as long as the PC can output a resolution supported by the monitor.

DVI *used* to work fine between my HTPC and my Akai, but the Akai's DVI input stopped working (it sees an active signal according to the input menu, but when I switch there it says there is no signal ... tried multiple DVI sources too) ... so I will probably trade in for the Panny as well.

-Kevin

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Great call. I love my TH-42PA25U as well. FYI - the TH-42PA25U has HDMI, not DVI. And yes, the PC connection is on the front of the panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.