AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with the DST 3000 losing audio on 5.1 material, unless I toggled the DD (on/off on/off on/off) option in the DST 3000 menu the 5.1 material would be silent. As soon as I changed the channel & went back to the same (DD) channel the 5.1 material would again cut out. My local dealer has sold four of these units & I am the third to bring in an exchange. The salesperson mentioned that all three returns were for different (defective) reasons. He also said when talking to the Toshiba rep about two of the units, she gave him authorization #'s for the returns, NO QUESTION'S ASKED! Salesperson said its very unusual for Toshiba to act so quickly on defective returns. Well, I get a fresh unit from today's shipment, set it up & have the same problem. My connections are correct. I called Toshiba & could have called my Grandmother & gotten more help. Having a 56H80 I really wanted to stay with a Toshib box. So much for wanting.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Many forum members have this 5.1 audio dropout problem including myself. I returned a Mits HD-400 for the same problem and bought the DST-3000. It works better in that respect but now I have to return it for another reason(the screen flickers in the cropped mode when viewing digital channels).

These dropouts can be caused by more than just your STB.

They happen on HBO all the time, from what I've read on this forum. Also, I've noticed that my local CBS affiliate has improved their transmission leaps and bounds in the past month and dropouts are rare, so again, maybe your locals have problems on their end. Anyway, I hope that a new STB will solve your problem but realize that it could be more than just the box.

Good luck, Frank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.