AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to return my set but I was wondering becvause I hear of so many people buying 2 or 3 sets before settling. Does the TV have to be in its original box? Does Circuit City pick it up for free or do you pay for that too? Just curious and a little bored.

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not sure if it has to have it's original box...I always keep my boxes on big ticket items for a few months just in case, so I've returned one in the box and the one I'm returning this week will be in its original box.

In either case, you have to get it back to the store yourself, although I bet if you bought a new one and paid for delivery that they'd take the old one back with them.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
if you paid for delivery, they will pick it up from your house and drop off the new one the same day.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
it's a very good idea to keep the box, and of course the receipt. I returned my GWIII for a replacement. They were extremely cool about taking it and giving me a new one.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually called them after the post and they said that it needs to be in saleable condition and that they didn't need the box. That is one incredible return policy when you consider that they will pickup the set too as previously posted.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have an A20. I love the set but am thinking about getting a smaller set for the bedroom and then getting one of the newer Sony LCOS sets when they come out. However, I got this set at a great price under 3k so I may keep it and find a way to fit it in the bedroom.

·
Registered
520 Posts
They dont need the box. If it is not defective I am pretty sure they put it on display and try to resell it as a open box item. I returned a 46 inch sony without the box and saw it on the sales floor as an open box item a week later.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I convinced the wife that the 60" Sony will fit in the bedroom so I can keep this set and when HD DVD comes out I'll upgrade to a newer 1080P set if there is content to support it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy
I think I convinced the wife that the 60" Sony will fit in the bedroom so I can keep this set and when HD DVD comes out I'll upgrade to a newer 1080P set if there is content to support it.
That's one big-ass bedroom! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGuy
Has anyone else returned a RPTV to CC without the box? Just curious.

Thanks
Yes.

But I had paid for home delivery, and got a replacement set. So, the same day they delivered the second set (no charge), they picked up the first set.

Charlie

·
Registered
248 Posts
I returned a JVC 32" I'Art because it had terrible moire problem. Anyways I didnt have the box because the delivery men took it with them.

Most people dont keep the boxes. You should see the TV boxes sitting at the curb a week or two before SuperBowl:)

I dont see any reason they would want the box. Its not like they can rebox it and sell it as new. They just set it out on the floor and sell it as an open box model.

Cant you just call the store to make sure that your particular store isnt more picky?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Some stores require the box so they can return it to the MFG if defective.

I kept both my boxes (defective first unit, good 2nd unit) and CC did not need the first box, though they took it off my hands for the barcodes when they returned it to Sony.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.