AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm returing my Xbox 360 for a new one yet I don't know how to keep my HDD. I have game saves and my gamer tag with demos, movies, etc on it and I don't want to loose it. How can I return my xbox 360 yet keep the HDD? I'm returning it to costco by the way.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I guess you could:

1. Buy a new HDD from say, Wal-mart. Keep the reciept.

2. Keep your old HDD, and attach the one you just bought to the 360 you are returning.

3. Attach your old HDD to the new 360, and return the other HDD for a refund.

*OR*

Buy an XSATA or similar device, and simply back the contents of your old HDD up to your PC.

·
Registered
674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaipalm /forum/post/0

I guess you could:

1. Buy a new HDD from say, Wal-mart. Keep the reciept.

2. Keep your old HDD, and attach the one you just bought to the 360 you are returning.

3. Attach your old HDD to the new 360, and return the other HDD for a refund.

*OR*

Buy an XSATA or similar device, and simply back the contents of your old HDD up to your PC.

Man for real does this really work? my second 360 just died today and i read online and heard about people doing this. They really dont check any serial numbers? i dont wnat to wait again for the damn box and ship it out!

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I returned mine to Sam's Club, I swapped out the HD right there at the customer service counter. I kept my old one and returned the brand new one with the dead 360.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Or.... once you exchange the faulty one for new one at costco you just take the hdd from the new console and hand it over. I'm sure the folks at costco would have no issue if you explained.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsiViper /forum/post/0

MOST places (not online) will let you swap hard drives when you exchange

Yea, I was able to do that when my 360 died and I took it back to Best Buy. I even kept my old HD Cables since I was too lazy to get to the back of my TV and unhook them.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Like the others, I was able to open up the new Xbox360 in store and take out the new one and kept my old one.. Gamestop/EB will let you do this..

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Walk into the store with just your unit, no hard drive attached. Tell them you want to return it. Expain you just want to open a new one, swap machines, and leave. They will have everything they need. I'd imagine once two or three brains get to working on it they will figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.