AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,


Has anyone auditioned the new Revel Concerta F12 ? Can you add any details please


Raks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,423 Posts
Wow, how did I miss that review? I need to get to my dealer and see if they have any of these yet. As a Revel (F30) owner I'm not in the market, but am curious as to how the Revel sound translates to lower pricepoints. From the review it sounds promising.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
Wow, how did I miss that review? I need to get to my dealer and see if they have any of these yet. As a Revel (F30) owner I'm not in the market, but am curious as to how the Revel sound translates to lower pricepoints. From the review it sounds promising.
???? The F30s were the lower pricepoint. :p


Kal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
F30s are performa, not concerta, so the F12s are indeed the lower price point (I think, YMMV, IMO et al). And a pretty attractive price too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,423 Posts
Kal,


Well, compared to your Studio's they are, but the F12's are only $1200 or so a pair. The next current step up is the F32, which is 4000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
For the same price of a pair of F32s you can get a whole Concerta surround package. Not a bad deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,482 Posts
Wow at the end of the review, the reviewer keeps the Revels and sells his PSBs... impressive...


He doesnt seem to notice that they are vinyl covered speakers ...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR_IN_LA
Wow at the end of the review, the reviewer keeps the Revels and sells his PSBs... impressive...


He doesnt seem to notice that they are vinyl covered speakers ...
He does KEEP the Revels ... but DID he sell the PSB's ?

Quote:
The PSBs have always been a joy to listen to, which is why I have owned them for so long, but the Revels provided excitement I didn’t even know I was missing. Of course, I realize that any new component may provide an initial “new is better†effect, but over the months, I found I came to miss the PSBs less and lesss while I enjoyed the Revels more and more. While it was a difficult decision, the Revel F12s will not be leaving my home. Kevin Voecks has another hit on his hands, and I can’t imagine how the arrival of Revel into this price category could have been more successful.
It is hard to say. What looks EASY to say is this is a pretty impressive write up for a $1300 pair of speakers ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,482 Posts
Yep the implication is the PSBs are gone.


The center channel has kind of a wimpy bottom frequency spec, and its also kind of light... On the other hand, it does have a full complement of drivers.


Thats the key to this whole package, does it have a great center to go with those F12s?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Well, if he puts the PSBs in storage for a year and then digs them out and re-compares them, which will he keep? He seems to favor the "new new thing" a bit.


Kal - I must be smiley incapacitated, sorry. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
Kal,


Well, compared to your Studio's they are, but the F12's are only $1200 or so a pair. The next current step up is the F32, which is 4000.
Off topic but I'm curious. So Kal has a pair of Studios eh? ;) Quick question for you then. Have you seen a pair of Salons side-by-side with the Studios? I hear the Salons are huge and since I haven't seen them in person in years, I can't quite remember. Just from the volume specs, the Salons are 2/3 bigger, mostly due to depth. Are they really that much bigger in person?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
Off topic but I'm curious. So Kal has a pair of Studios eh? ;)
No. I have 3 as L/C/R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
Quick question for you then. Have you seen a pair of Salons side-by-side with the Studios? I hear the Salons are huge and since I haven't seen them in person in years, I can't quite remember. Just from the volume specs, the Salons are 2/3 bigger, mostly due to depth. Are they really that much bigger in person?
I think the Salons are much bigger in depth and height and too large for my room although I've heard and loved them in the appropriate space.


Kal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
I have had the privelege of listening to the Concertas. They are an incredible sounding pair of speakers, especially for their price. If it wasn't for the fact that they were backordered until September, I probably would have gotten a pair for myself.


-J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,782 Posts
A co-worker has Gems and They are very nice, and I have a chance to pick up a pair of them for a VERY attractive price, and I am interested in opinions.....


Also what finishes are the nicest in person?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I like the heather gray with aluminum panels. The gloss black with gloss panels are also nice but they are special order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,493 Posts
So, anyone compare the Revel F12's to B&W's DM604 series 3 towers?


They are about the same price and B&W is louded as an audiophile brand too. That would be an interesting comparison, if possible.


Dan
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top