AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a Home Theater and i would like to hear an opinion from all the members that can help me decide.

I've heard Klipsch RF-7II and Revel F208, but with different amps.

The Revel seemed to be a much superior speaker, i don't know if the amp made the difference. I am tempted to go with Revel in Piano Black.

Since it's a living room i must put a speaker that is beautiful also.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
The Kef R900 would be one of the only other speakers I would consider in comparison to the F208 and that would simply be a preference / room thing. Revel would be my choice based on the OP's selection options.

·
Banned
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a  /t/1492382/revel-f208-or-klipsch-rf-7ii#post_23778087

The Kef R900 would be one of the only other speakers I would consider in comparison to the F208 and that would simply be a preference / room thing. Revel would be my choice based on the OP's selection options.

Absolutely. KEF R900 & Revel F208. They are a toss-up. Almost like twins.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticShrimp  /t/1492382/revel-f208-or-klipsch-rf-7ii#post_23779045

The R900 is a great recommendation. I'd still have to give the very slight nod to the Revel because of the wider dispersion.

I would prefer to buy the JBL LS80 in a second compared to Kef R Series. I like Kef, but for Home Theater is much better Revel or JBL Synthesis.

The JBL Synthesis LS Series are also speakers for me to consider...they have the "boom factor" extremelly important to make movies come alive. Or by the other hand i will go Revel.

Klipsch is a nice speaker, and here talking of the RF-7II, but not as refined as the ones i mentioned...

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am wondering if the LS Series connected to a Pre/Pro or High End Receiver if they perfom as well as being connected to JBL Pre/Pro...

I know that for the "Array" Series it makes difference....

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Price wise are you comparing them as equivalent?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza  /t/1492382/revel-f208-or-klipsch-rf-7ii#post_23779523

Price wise are you comparing them as equivalent?

I hope not the revel retail for 5k. Almost 2k more than the rf-7ii.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Don't know much about either; but, do know that's not the top of the line Klipsch.

Is that the top Revel?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
The F208 is the top of the mid line Revels, Performa3s. The Salon2s are the top of the Revel upper line, Ultima2s. I have heard the Studio2s, driver size close to the F208s, which were amazing. If the F208s are close to the Studio2s - and am told they are - they will be fabulous.

Reactions: SanchoPanza

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Thanks. I'm told you can buy five (5) RF-7II for $5K. FCR + 2 Surrounds will be Wonderful; if he has the room.

Don't know the street price of the Revels, though.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza  /t/1492382/revel-f208-or-klipsch-rf-7ii#post_23779747

Thanks. I'm told you can buy five (5) RF-7II for $5K. FCR + 2 Surrounds will be Wonderful; if he has the room.

Don't know the street price of the Revels, though.

Even if with 5k i buy 5 RF-7's, i prefer 2 Revels F208. Klipsch finish is so, but so "cheap", when you look at them from a certain distance they look very good, with the gold woofers, but then they are made of "MDF", that's not even wood.

Besides Revel does not only has a good finish but it's sounds amazing, for CInema is spectacular. But i haven't decide, because JBL LS80 is not so "sweet" playing music, but it has more "kick" for Cinema. It's also cheaper than Revel, and much better finished than Klipsch.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
OK, I'm sure you'll love them.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater  /t/1492382/revel-f208-or-klipsch-rf-7ii#post_23780370

Even if with 5k i buy 5 RF-7's, i prefer 2 Revels F208. Klipsch finish is so, but so "cheap", when you look at them from a certain distance they look very good, with the gold woofers, but then they are made of "MDF", that's not even wood.

Besides Revel does not only has a good finish but it's sounds amazing, for CInema is spectacular.
Sounds like you didn't need to start this thread then.

MDF is pretty standard now for speakers cut by CNC as it doesn't chip and has more uniform characteristics from most plywood. Are Revel speakers made from solid wood?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefTheater  /t/1492382/revel-f208-or-klipsch-rf-7ii#post_23780370

But i haven't decide, because JBL LS80 is not so "sweet" playing music, but it has more "kick" for Cinema. It's also cheaper than Revel, and much better finished than Klipsch.
Perhaps rename the thread "Revel F208 or JBL LS80" then?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but you'll need lots of power for the Revel, being relatively inefficient; although I'm sure they all can benefit from more "horsepower".

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza  /t/1492382/revel-f208-or-klipsch-rf-7ii#post_23780553

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but you'll need lots of power for the Revel, being relatively inefficient; although I'm sure they all can benefit from more "horsepower".

Another Klipsch fan boy I see.
Just kidding. I recently sold my Klipsch KG2 and KG4 speakers. I have also owned RF7's.

I still have KG 5.2 and Revel F32. I know you are familiar with all the debate on Klipsch forum about power amps needed for RF 7's. Having owned them I agree. They need as much power as the Revels to properly perform.

The Revels do open up a little more at louder levels but so do the KG5.2's as their efficiency is low 90's.

Bottom line is the Revels will play as good as Klipsch with any given amp/AVR in my experiences.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Why, yes, yes I am; but, at this stage I personally wouldn't have either.

Doesn't mean the Revels won't be a pure joy for him.

I should've said the Revels will require more power to drive to reference level; but, I'm sure he plans P, for plenty, at any rate.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts