AVS Forum banner

6981 - 7000 of 20708 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricjor1  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6960#post_24679791



It didn't sound right to me, but I've never heard them and I've learned that everyone hears differently. I just think it's crazy that a company as big as Revel doesn't have dealers that have Studio 2s!

I think it's crazy how few displaying dealers they have in general. Most are non-display order only.
 

·
Just add water and stir
Joined
·
1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6960#post_24679988


I think it's crazy how few displaying dealers they have in general. Most are non-display order only.

We have some great dealers for many brands in Alberta.




I have so many pictures from my phone camera stored on my smart phone. I love collecting pics of systems that I found memorable. A good comparison at a quality set up is always a good time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluwalker  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6960#post_24680119


We have some great dealers for many brands in Alberta.




I have so many pictures from my phone camera stored on my smart phone. I love collecting pics of systems that I found memorable. A good comparison at a quality set up is always a good time.

Yeah, I'd just figured there would be more in a huge market like SoCal.
Almost all are custom installers with no showroom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6950_50#post_24681741


Yeah, I'd just figured there would be more in a huge market like SoCal.
Almost all are custom installers with no showroom.

That is cos Harman more/less shot themselves in the foot with their dealers. One example, would be the Synthesis Dealers in SO.

Back when housing was booming they did not want to be bothered for any install less than $25k, as one AVS poster found out when he wanted the then new Performance Series 5.2 system (about $9k) at the time. IMO, the PS should have never been pushed on the Synthesis install dealers.


And Harman going with the big box stores for JBL/Infinity, basically knocking out the small independent dealers.

So Harman dealers who might have carried JBL/Infinity/Revel all total, decided, screw them. And went with other brands.

I saw that happen in Carson City about 15 years ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6960#post_24681741


Yeah, I'd just figured there would be more in a huge market like SoCal.
Almost all are custom installers with no showroom.

High end audio is dying.... There are 5 dealers in the Chicago area that are displaying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdec  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24682304 High end audio is dying.... There are 5 dealers in the Chicago area that are displaying.
Cool, next time I am in Chicago I will look them up!

 

There are none in San Diego or Orange County for that matter :(
 

·
Oppo Beta Group
Joined
·
11,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24683208


Cool, next time I am in Chicago I will look them up!


There are none in San Diego or Orange County for that matter

That's really amazing.

There are Studio2 here in MA. I am not sure about Salons.

Of course, I think you can find installers that sell them at good prices and they are a safe purchase.


- Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24683479


That's really amazing.

There are Studio2 here in MA. I am not sure about Salons.

Of course, I think you can find installers that sell them at good prices and they are a safe purchase.


- Rich

I take it back. There are now 3. I've been to 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkee  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24683736


Would you list the 3 places please?

Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates

Barrett's in Naperville

forget the name, it's in Chicago.


Last 2 has the Salons ..Simply Stereo has up to the Performa3. That's where I got the best price dealing with the owner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkee  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24685090


Thanks LS!
no problem. Rod at Simply Stereo - he is the owner and will give you nice price. Barrett's told me that Revel doesn't allow discount over 10% of Msrp and that if I wanted a bigger discount they can get in trouble. Later they said they won't fill out the price on the PO etc.


Didn't matter, my buddy who I joined forces was responsible for about 2/3rd of the total sale and whoever he went with, I just piggie backed off of. Wasn't my call anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
What do you think the left over Salon2s will sell for when a new model is introduced? I am hoping to score an old model with a deep discount. Am I dreaming?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6737  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24687684


What do you think the left over Salon2s will sell for when a new model is introduced? I am hoping to score an old model with a deep discount. Am I dreaming?

I would suspect you can get the floor model for about $14k or so. Maybe a little more or a little less.


But who knows, perhaps Revel will continue lowering the price on succeeding models. If the salon3 comes in at 20k and you can get it for 16k, that would be the better move IMHO.


My local dealer had the F52 on close out for 4k and I ended up getting the F208 around the same price.


Especially with audio, unless the change is very slight like B&W, id rather get a new model vs one that's about 6-7 years old technology wise.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6737  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24687684


What do you think the left over Salon2s will sell for when a new model is introduced? I am hoping to score an old model with a deep discount. Am I dreaming?

All depends on whom you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuDefTechGuy  /t/710918/revel-owners-thread/6990#post_24689046


Floor models should be a lot cheaper than that.

That's why I don't buy from that dealer.
But I haven't seen any cheaper - plus based on the region, prices may vary.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,273 Posts
One thing I would like to see with the new Revel Salon & Studio towers is the capability of ACTIVE bi-amp.


Take the RBH SX-8300 (MSRP $5K, street price much less) for example. On the surface, it looks just like any other old passive tower that goes down to 25Hz (F3).


But look closely and you will see that it is designed to offer the user the option of ACTIVE bi-amp, not passive.


Like the $200K Focal Grande Utopia, which can also be active bi-amp, you could run traditional speaker wires from the amp to the top speaker binding posts. Then run the LFE from the pre-pro to another amp and then to the bottom speaker binding posts. The speaker is now actively bi-amped.


Since we know the tweeter and midrange only require about 10% of the total power, we can use moderate amps for the mid/highs and big beefy amps for the bass.


Even the $2,500 (MSRP) RBH SX-6300 tower is capable of being actively bi-amped.


Since we know that passive bi-amp is a complete waste of time and money, why even bother making passive bi-amp speakers?



Shouldn't all towers be capable of being ACTIVELY bi-amped like the RBH SX-8300?
 
6981 - 7000 of 20708 Posts
Top