AVS Forum banner

12981 - 13000 of 18784 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
only sf speakers i loved were/are amati's
Fair enough; and, I know you're looking for a comparison to Focal that I can't offer because I haven't compared them. That said, you mentioned the Revel having a reputation for being bright or harsh. Given that SF is known for their high end roll off, I could see how someone could say "bright" in comparison. To me, I didn't find them at all bright; but, very well balanced.

Reactions: Rex Anderson

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Ok I did Rew my Persona speakers in my room. But it doesn't seem to look right. But none the less here is a photo of the 1/6th smoothing in my room. This is with a 90deg Cal file with mic pointed up. So it is taking into consideration the room.

Ron

Reactions: torii

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
^^^you should set limits in rew to get 5db vertical increments...the graph looks good if for 1 speaker... here is mine back couple yrs ago...subs(red) no smooth, then left and right with 1/6 smooth

Attachments

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
and here is rew with just L/R no subs/eg/crossover, etc...

it seems my focal speakers voiced like that schroeder hearing concept...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
That's strange I had the limits set for 5db increments. It went back to 10db.somehow Yes that is for my left 3f only. I am going to do my sub here in a few. So as we can see in my room it is pretty flat up high. That is with very little tow in though. I wonder what it will look like with more tow in? I will give that a try also.

I towed them in more and it barely made a difference. In fact in my room it stays within say a 4db window from 1khz up. This is +-2db. So I am pretty stoked. This is with no EQ no sub. Definitely not a w pattern that so many have tested. I have a couple problem areas in my room down lower but I can hope to fix them a little bit. And these play pretty deep by looking at the graphs. Pretty flat to 30hz in room taking out the room anomalies. Then a steady dropoff after that.

Ron

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Anyone considering the Ultima2 series should remember (it has been discussed here before) that there is a price increase coming, perhaps 20% or more and maybe as soon as by the end of this year. Also, the piano black and mahogany finishes are being discontinued. The new finishes have not been finalized but look amazing in the pictures I have seen.

I'll find out more at CEDIA and report asap.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
4khz and crossover freqs usually get looked at 1st...I have some issues at my 80hz crossover ...but these measurements dont tell me whats going on when I hear some speakers like sopra 3's and sf amati's literally give me goosbumps on some material...thats why I can aprreciate graphs, but I can feel some speakers no graph can measure.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
Anyone considering the Ultima2 series should remember (it has been discussed here before) that there is a price increase coming, perhaps 20% or more and maybe as soon as by the end of this year. Also, the piano black and mahogany finishes are being discontinued. The new finishes have not been finalized but look amazing in the pictures I have seen.

I'll find out more at CEDIA and report asap.
Will there be a wood finish similar to mahogany?

I really want to order another set but simply don't have the room (or really the budget...) I could fit a pair in back, and maybe punt back to 5.1 instead of 7.1. Given the few movies with 7.1, and even fewer that actually take advantage of 7.1, it's worth considering. It would put my "surrounds" at the rear, however. Hmmm...

Really glad to hear of your new status, looking forward to reading more!

As for @John Schuermann, I was really bummed at first to read he'd be on AVS less, then realized that was really stupid... It means he'll have more time for us local folk, fantastic! Win-win! :D

Reactions: Aja

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I have a few nephews and nieces that do daily movie/tv productions here in ABQ...easy $20/hr for em...qualified drivers get $800+/day...so I have some local talent for ya :) nightshift, mesiah, chambers all being done :)

gz on focusing @John Schuermann

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
I was just showing a picture of the Salon2 to my wife this morning. Her first question: "how heavy are those?"

My response: "Heavier than you want to know."

It did remind me that one of the motivations I had for my ESLs was my daughter was 1 at the time and knocked over my old Motion 40 towers a couple of times and we were worried she might knock them onto herself. With Martin Logan ESLs, they are very "bottom heavy" so very hard to knock over. My daughter is 4 now--but I also have a 6 month old. My speakers would be on carpet this time which should help somewhat with spikes; but, I'm curious (for everyone, not just DonH50) about the stability of the Salon 2.
I haven't been downstairs much recently but last night went over and gave the Salon2's a little push or three. Mine are on carpet and the first thing I noticed is that I do not have them spiked -- did, but took them out when I was moving some other stuff around and needed to get behind the console. (Small rooms suck. Really.) Pushing near the top they are not too hard to move but would take a bit to shove over. For obvious (I hope) reasons I did not try too hard. From maybe halfway down, it would take a fair amount of force, but since my buys are out on their own I won't pretend to remember how destructive and forceful toddlers can be. That said, I remember a lot... ;) The base is a few inches bigger than the speaker itself so does help, and spikes lock them down much better.

If you pick up a pair and do not like them, let me know, and I'll be glad to take them off your hands. Even pay the shipping costs to my place. :)

Tangent: I am listening to my old Kef Q70's this evening (working, alas, in the bedroom where the Kef's live). I remember both why I got them, nice smooth sound, and how much nicer the new Revel F206's in the family room sound. Still have almost no time on the family room set, but a night or three ago listened for just a little while from off to the side a bit, same as I am with the Kef's tonight, and the Revel's really shine. Listening to mostly soft ("new age") piano music and the Revels are just a little smoother and "cleaner" sounding. Had to go downstairs to confirm (woke up wife snoozing in the chair, she let me live). Nice when the science matches the music. :)

FWIWFM - Don

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you pick up a pair and do not like them, let me know, and I'll be glad to take them off your hands. Even pay the shipping costs to my place. :)
I'm about to do a full write-up of my listening demo today where I compared the F208 and the Sonus Faber Olympica III. Spoiler alert: I'm ordering Salon 2s. :)

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
I'm about to do a full write-up of my listening demo today where I compared the F208 and the Sonus Faber Olympica III. Spoiler alert: I'm ordering Salon 2s. :)
Awesome, I think you'll like them!

And if not, the offer stands... :D

Get help unboxing them.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've been asked by a few folks to add this here; it's my impression of the Revel F208 vs. the Sonus Faber Olympica III. It was originally posted in its own thread; but, it'll find a wider audience of people shopping for Revel here.

OK, folks! Time to share some details about my experience with the demo today.

I arrived with a friend today to demo two speakers: The Sonus Faber Olympica III and the Revel F208. I would have preferred to demo the Revel Salon 2 or Studio 2; however, no dealer in my area had any of these available. When I arrived, I had an opportunity to check out the turntable selection which was cool--several sweet tables including the VPI Prime that I ordered a couple of days ago. It was the first time I'd seen one in person; and, now I'm doubly excited! We went into a room where it was obvious that great care was taken in the setup. The Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs were up first. The toe-in angle was more than I would personally use, effectively making the main listening position on-axis. Outside of that, the setup was great. They had a very cool setup using Roon + Tidal to allow me to choose any music in lossless format which was playing through a dCS Rossini, and an Audio Research tube preamp / ss power amp combination. Since this dealer does not sell McIntosh, it was their best effort to mimic my own hardware (though I will never purchase a $20,000 network audio player).

Before I go further, let me say that both of these speakers absolutely blew the $15,000 Martin Logan 13A out of the water. From the moment I heard the first notes, I knew my life with ESLs was over. Both of these are great speakers and I can absolutely understand why someone might pick either over the other. I'll try to share my reasons for my own conclusion.

Before we switched, I reminded myself that I was comparing a $5,000 pair of speakers with a $13,000 pair.

I'll list each track and give my impression for the Olympicas (SF) and F208 (F208). Everything is purely subjective and I am by no means a professional reviewer!

Holly Cole Trio - Je ne T'aime Pas - This is a track I'd never heard before; it was suggested as a warm up by the dealer after I refused to hear The Eagles - Hotel California (I'm with "The Dude" on this one). I immediately loved the track and it was, indeed, a great demo with great fidelity in the recording, a few instruments, and wonderful female vocals.

SF - Everything sounded great! The sound stage was well-defined and the presence was immediately felt. We were off to a great start and I knew I was doing the right thing in getting out of panels.

F208 - Whoa--we've got a contest here! Expecting that the F208 wouldn't be able to keep up with the more expensive speakers, I was shocked when I noticed two key things: first, the sound stage was even wider than it had been on the Olympica. Second, I immediately noticed how the Revels didn't suffer from the Sonus Faber rolloff at the top end. It was like a thin, sheer fabric had been lifted off the tweeters. Not exactly a subtle difference--but not huge. That said, I judged this one a win for the F208.

Telefon Tel Aviv - I Lied One of my all-time favorite tracks that's great for examining sound stage, male vocals, and the ability of the speaker to produce deep, clean bass.

SF - I wasn't fully convinced the dealer hadn't hooked up subwoofers; these were the first speakers I'd ever heard manage some of the low notes with conviction! Everything about this one sounded fantastic and I judged it a win for the Olympicas.

F208 - OK, a bit back to reality here; the F208s weren't capable of reproducing the lowest notes of this track. While the sound stage was well defined and the vocals were fantastic, the song sounded "incomplete." It was a bit strange as the spec sheet says that the F208 should get at least as low; but, they quite definitely did not in this track.

Seal - Crazy - I like this track for powerful male vocals.

SF - They really shined here. By this point in the demo, I was loving the Olympicas and they sounded amazing. The sound stage was far wider than I realized was possible on this track and Seal sounded like he was directly in front of me.

F208 - It was crazy; but, I heard details that I'd never heard before--not even with the Olympicas. Bits of audio that had been invisible were suddenly there in front of me and I enjoyed the song more than I ever had. The similar "removed the sheer fabric from the tweeter" effect was strong here as well--it would remain so for the demo. I judged this track a win for the F208.

Coheed and Cambria - Far - One of my examples of songs that just sound horrible on ESLs. I love Coheed & Cambria's progressive rock style; but, I found almost their entire catalog horrible on my Martin Logans

SF - They immediately brought a smile to my face. For the first time on an high end system, I could hear the song as it was meant to be. This is a really heavy rock track and the Olympicas were able to cut through the heavy and compressed recording and deliver a convincing (if not immaculate) sound stage. I was happy to know that some of my music that's been "off limits" on my current speakers will be in rotation again.

F208 - On this track, they really weren't any better or worse--the only difference I really noticed was the more pronounced high-end that I'd come to expect. As such, I judged it a win for the F208.

Prince - Purple Rain - Great song for uncovering nuance, hidden detail, and the feeling of a live recording.

SF - Ooh...a bit of a stumble here. Look, there was nothing wrong; but, it was the first time I felt like the Martin Logan had outperformed the SF. It just sounded a bit flat compared to the Martin Logans which had really shined with this track.

F208 - For everything the SF didn't do with this track, the F208 did. The feeling of being in a concert hall was overwhelming. I could pick out every musician on the stage. I could hear every detail. It was the most spectacular reproduction of this song that I'd ever heard. If there was a moment in the demo that sealed the victory for Revel, this one was it. I'm honestly getting goose bumps thinking about it. Huge win for Revel here.

Nirvana - Man Who Sold the World (Live) - I honest go back and forth between the Nirvana cover and the David Bowie original. However, for critical listening, the production on the Nirvana recording is amazing. Great for assessing guitar reproduction.

I'm going to shortcut this one: there wasn't a ton of difference on this track and both speakers performed admirably. The Revel again sealed it with the feeling that it was more faithful due to bringing out elements that had been missing on the SF (but that you wouldn't have missed if you didn't know they were there).

Sarah McLachlan - Possession - One of my favorite tracks for assessing powerful female vocals

SF - I remarked to my friend that it was as if Sarah McLachlan was in the room with us. The SF really did great here. The sound stage on this track isn't fantastic; but, the SF cast it about as wide as it could.

F208 - I didn't think it was possible; but, the Revel speakers again took the lead here. Whereas there were a few moments on the Olympicas in which Sarah's voice almost became "shrill" - that never happened on the F208.

Orbital - Halcyon & On & On - I'm a big electronic music fan and this is a classic track.

Shortcutting again--very little difference here. Revels win on high end detail. They kept up fine in the low end on this track.

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough - Electronic music that might be the worlds most impressive test of quickness, top end, and ability to retain coherence in a very busy track. It also has a nearly unrivaled sound stage.

SF - I was amazed. The speakers had the ability to cast the sound stage far wider than the speakers themselves with absolutely immaculate detail. The low-end was powerful to match the high end and, at no point did I think the speakers were falling behind.

F208 - If the SF was impressive, the F208 was a solid step up. Whereas the SF managed to project the sound stage well beyond the side boundaries, the F208 did it 3 dimensions and truly created a "wall of sound" effect. They matched the speed of the track and it was just amazing to hear the detail literally everywhere. I think the better top end of the F208 really shined here and it left the Olympicas feeling just OK by comparison (to that point, they had been the best version of this track I'd heard).

So there you have it, my impressions of these two fantastic speakers. A few overall conclusions (TL;DR)

• The reputation Sonus Faber has for top end roll-off is real. It can be delightful in certain tracks; but, when you hear what you're missing, it just falls flat.
  • I compared a $5,000 speaker to a $13,000 speaker and the cheaper option won. Keep that in mind when shopping.
  • Yes, the Sonus Faber cabinets are beautifully stunning! If I didn't have a dedicated room, that would have been a bigger factor.
  • These are the songs I listened to fully on both sets. I listened to other tracks on each to get more information.
  • I wish I had pulled a few more tracks with female vocals; but, I was overall happy with my cross-section of music. I do wish I had some more jazz and classical music in there; but, I don't listen to those as often so it's ok.
I realized that my single biggest mistake when buying the Martin Logans was focusing on music that was "supposed to sound good" in my demos rather than focusing on music that I regularly listen to. While my test wasn't comprehensive, it was enough to convince me. Had there been more back-and-forth and not the 8-1 landslide for the Revel F208, I would have scheduled a follow-up demo session to go broader on the music.

So, that leads me to what I'm buying: I'm purchasing the Revel Salon 2. It's a big leap from the $5,000 MSRP to the $22,000 Salon 2; however, I was so blown away by the demo today that I left with the thought, "If that's what these guys can do for $5,000, I can't wait to hear their top effort!"

Besides...if I don't like them @DonH50 will buy them from me! :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will they sound different? That is up to individual listeners, but I have observed that the most poetic descriptions have come from sighted listening evaluations. Early in my scientific investigations at the NRCC, long before joining Harman, I was personally surprised after blind listening how thoroughly I had been deceived by my accumulated "beliefs" about amplifier designs. It was sobering to have my own beliefs challenged. I got over it. Without blind evaluations it is possible to be "deafened by marketing" :) (credit to mtrot for the inspiration).

Dear Dr. Toole,

I didn't know who you were until I've come across this very insightful video: Floyd Toole - Sound reproduction – art and science/opinions and facts

And you know what? I've immediately liked you... but since it was a sighted evaluation I might be biased :), unless there was a very solid scientific reasoning behind the words I was listening to. And, there was! So, I've thought to myself, here's a brilliant man who values music reproduction accuracy above everything else and whose work of a life time was dedicated to achieve just that from loudspeakers and yet he is about to missthe MOST important fact regarding what drives them, which will for sure compromise his work, as those double blinding tests will be rendered impaired!

Here I am in your rescue Dr. Toole! :)

How could you possibly have disregarded the only single measurement that can tell you, flawless, how accurate an amplifier is, with or without a real loudspeaker load, and then double blinding test it?

I mean, why didn't you sir, go to the same great lengths to NULL TEST the amplifiers you have been using throughout the years? What comes in, must come out - the proverbial wire with gain!

If timbre accuracy is the most valuable aspect in designing loudspeakers, won't an amplifier with a sonic signature deny precisely that when double blinding test them?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've been asked by a few folks to add this here; it's my impression of the Revel F208 vs. the Sonus Faber Olympica III. It was originally posted in its own thread; but, it'll find a wider audience of people shopping for Revel here.

OK, folks! Time to share some details about my experience with the demo today.

I arrived with a friend today to demo two speakers: The Sonus Faber Olympica III and the Revel F208. I would have preferred to demo the Revel Salon 2 or Studio 2; however, no dealer in my area had any of these available. When I arrived, I had an opportunity to check out the turntable selection which was cool--several sweet tables including the VPI Prime that I ordered a couple of days ago. It was the first time I'd seen one in person; and, now I'm doubly excited! We went into a room where it was obvious that great care was taken in the setup. The Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs were up first. The toe-in angle was more than I would personally use, effectively making the main listening position on-axis. Outside of that, the setup was great. They had a very cool setup using Roon + Tidal to allow me to choose any music in lossless format which was playing through a dCS Rossini, and an Audio Research tube preamp / ss power amp combination. Since this dealer does not sell McIntosh, it was their best effort to mimic my own hardware (though I will never purchase a $20,000 network audio player).

Before I go further, let me say that both of these speakers absolutely blew the $15,000 Martin Logan 13A out of the water. From the moment I heard the first notes, I knew my life with ESLs was over. Both of these are great speakers and I can absolutely understand why someone might pick either over the other. I'll try to share my reasons for my own conclusion.

Before we switched, I reminded myself that I was comparing a $5,000 pair of speakers with a $13,000 pair.

I'll list each track and give my impression for the Olympicas (SF) and F208 (F208). Everything is purely subjective and I am by no means a professional reviewer!

Holly Cole Trio - Je ne T'aime Pas - This is a track I'd never heard before; it was suggested as a warm up by the dealer after I refused to hear The Eagles - Hotel California (I'm with "The Dude" on this one). I immediately loved the track and it was, indeed, a great demo with great fidelity in the recording, a few instruments, and wonderful female vocals.

SF - Everything sounded great! The sound stage was well-defined and the presence was immediately felt. We were off to a great start and I knew I was doing the right thing in getting out of panels.

F208 - Whoa--we've got a contest here! Expecting that the F208 wouldn't be able to keep up with the more expensive speakers, I was shocked when I noticed two key things: first, the sound stage was even wider than it had been on the Olympica. Second, I immediately noticed how the Revels didn't suffer from the Sonus Faber rolloff at the top end. It was like a thin, sheer fabric had been lifted off the tweeters. Not exactly a subtle difference--but not huge. That said, I judged this one a win for the F208.

Telefon Tel Aviv - I Lied One of my all-time favorite tracks that's great for examining sound stage, male vocals, and the ability of the speaker to produce deep, clean bass.

SF - I wasn't fully convinced the dealer hadn't hooked up subwoofers; these were the first speakers I'd ever heard manage some of the low notes with conviction! Everything about this one sounded fantastic and I judged it a win for the Olympicas.

F208 - OK, a bit back to reality here; the F208s weren't capable of reproducing the lowest notes of this track. While the sound stage was well defined and the vocals were fantastic, the song sounded "incomplete." It was a bit strange as the spec sheet says that the F208 should get at least as low; but, they quite definitely did not in this track.

Seal - Crazy - I like this track for powerful male vocals.

SF - They really shined here. By this point in the demo, I was loving the Olympicas and they sounded amazing. The sound stage was far wider than I realized was possible on this track and Seal sounded like he was directly in front of me.

F208 - It was crazy; but, I heard details that I'd never heard before--not even with the Olympicas. Bits of audio that had been invisible were suddenly there in front of me and I enjoyed the song more than I ever had. The similar "removed the sheer fabric from the tweeter" effect was strong here as well--it would remain so for the demo. I judged this track a win for the F208.

Coheed and Cambria - Far - One of my examples of songs that just sound horrible on ESLs. I love Coheed & Cambria's progressive rock style; but, I found almost their entire catalog horrible on my Martin Logans

SF - They immediately brought a smile to my face. For the first time on an high end system, I could hear the song as it was meant to be. This is a really heavy rock track and the Olympicas were able to cut through the heavy and compressed recording and deliver a convincing (if not immaculate) sound stage. I was happy to know that some of my music that's been "off limits" on my current speakers will be in rotation again.

F208 - On this track, they really weren't any better or worse--the only difference I really noticed was the more pronounced high-end that I'd come to expect. As such, I judged it a win for the F208.

Prince - Purple Rain - Great song for uncovering nuance, hidden detail, and the feeling of a live recording.

SF - Ooh...a bit of a stumble here. Look, there was nothing wrong; but, it was the first time I felt like the Martin Logan had outperformed the SF. It just sounded a bit flat compared to the Martin Logans which had really shined with this track.

F208 - For everything the SF didn't do with this track, the F208 did. The feeling of being in a concert hall was overwhelming. I could pick out every musician on the stage. I could hear every detail. It was the most spectacular reproduction of this song that I'd ever heard. If there was a moment in the demo that sealed the victory for Revel, this one was it. I'm honestly getting goose bumps thinking about it. Huge win for Revel here.

Nirvana - Man Who Sold the World (Live) - I honest go back and forth between the Nirvana cover and the David Bowie original. However, for critical listening, the production on the Nirvana recording is amazing. Great for assessing guitar reproduction.

I'm going to shortcut this one: there wasn't a ton of difference on this track and both speakers performed admirably. The Revel again sealed it with the feeling that it was more faithful due to bringing out elements that had been missing on the SF (but that you wouldn't have missed if you didn't know they were there).

Sarah McLachlan - Possession - One of my favorite tracks for assessing powerful female vocals

SF - I remarked to my friend that it was as if Sarah McLachlan was in the room with us. The SF really did great here. The sound stage on this track isn't fantastic; but, the SF cast it about as wide as it could.

F208 - I didn't think it was possible; but, the Revel speakers again took the lead here. Whereas there were a few moments on the Olympicas in which Sarah's voice almost became "shrill" - that never happened on the F208.

Orbital - Halcyon & On & On - I'm a big electronic music fan and this is a classic track.

Shortcutting again--very little difference here. Revels win on high end detail. They kept up fine in the low end on this track.

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough - Electronic music that might be the worlds most impressive test of quickness, top end, and ability to retain coherence in a very busy track. It also has a nearly unrivaled sound stage.

SF - I was amazed. The speakers had the ability to cast the sound stage far wider than the speakers themselves with absolutely immaculate detail. The low-end was powerful to match the high end and, at no point did I think the speakers were falling behind.

F208 - If the SF was impressive, the F208 was a solid step up. Whereas the SF managed to project the sound stage well beyond the side boundaries, the F208 did it 3 dimensions and truly created a "wall of sound" effect. They matched the speed of the track and it was just amazing to hear the detail literally everywhere. I think the better top end of the F208 really shined here and it left the Olympicas feeling just OK by comparison (to that point, they had been the best version of this track I'd heard).

So there you have it, my impressions of these two fantastic speakers. A few overall conclusions (TL;DR)

• The reputation Sonus Faber has for top end roll-off is real. It can be delightful in certain tracks; but, when you hear what you're missing, it just falls flat.
  • I compared a $5,000 speaker to a $13,000 speaker and the cheaper option won. Keep that in mind when shopping.
  • Yes, the Sonus Faber cabinets are beautifully stunning! If I didn't have a dedicated room, that would have been a bigger factor.
  • These are the songs I listened to fully on both sets. I listened to other tracks on each to get more information.
  • I wish I had pulled a few more tracks with female vocals; but, I was overall happy with my cross-section of music. I do wish I had some more jazz and classical music in there; but, I don't listen to those as often so it's ok.
I realized that my single biggest mistake when buying the Martin Logans was focusing on music that was "supposed to sound good" in my demos rather than focusing on music that I regularly listen to. While my test wasn't comprehensive, it was enough to convince me. Had there been more back-and-forth and not the 8-1 landslide for the Revel F208, I would have scheduled a follow-up demo session to go broader on the music.

So, that leads me to what I'm buying: I'm purchasing the Revel Salon 2. It's a big leap from the $5,000 MSRP to the $22,000 Salon 2; however, I was so blown away by the demo today that I left with the thought, "If that's what these guys can do for $5,000, I can't wait to hear their top effort!"

Besides...if I don't like them @DonH50 will buy them from me! :p
And that is why I own the F208's. A fantastic speaker for the money.

Gary

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The burning question is, why not F228Be instead of straight to the top?
It's a great question! I began with the F228Be as my speaker of choice from Revel. When it came time to purchase, I decided I didn't want to leave anything on the table. After falling out of love with my Martin Logans, I wanted to buy speakers that wouldn't leave any questions in my mind for the next decade or longer. I never wanted to sit listening to the F228Be or even the Studio 2 and think to myself, "I wonder how much better the Salon 2 is?"

Now, I'll never have to wonder. :)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
It's a great question! I began with the F228Be as my speaker of choice from Revel. When it came time to purchase, I decided I didn't want to leave anything on the table. After falling out of love with my Martin Logans, I wanted to buy speakers that wouldn't leave any questions in my mind for the next decade or longer. I never wanted to sit listening to the F228Be or even the Studio 2 and think to myself, "I wonder how much better the Salon 2 is?"

Now, I'll never have to wonder. :)
My thinking was that had to be the answer.

Makes sense to me.

I have the F208 but that pair of Salon2’s on AG are sure tempting...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have the F208 but that pair of Salon2’s on AG are sure tempting...
No doubt! I considered them, myself. Ultimately, I decided that I want a warranty for a purchase this large.

12981 - 13000 of 18784 Posts