AVS Forum banner

18061 - 18080 of 18580 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
it would be great if you compared your f206 vs 226be. I wouldnt buy a 3rd sub until you measured all the various possible positions in your space.

I would have to disconnect my f206's and bring them to the front of the room to compare apples to apples. Not that big of a deal, but not really worth the hassle.

I'm fairly confident that I'll be okay with the two subs after using the miniDSP and REW... We shall soon see!

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
I'd bet most are at 5.1; 7.1 is more for enthusiasts with big enough rooms and places to put the extra speakers.
But, you know, Studio2s are a great deal right now... ;)
There are still Studio2s available?
I bought 1 several months ago via Rex, my impression was they were going fast or stock was low, maybe not.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Never regretted buying my 3rd to complete an even trio

Now add Salon2s for L/R and you will have a perfect base layer (5.x.x)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,682 Posts
I still haven't come up with a way to replace my Voice2 with a 7th Salon2 and still be able to see the picture on my TV... :D

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Now add Salon2s for L/R and you will have a perfect base layer (5.x.x)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope.
Studio2s for L\C\R & whatever Revel has in 3 years for back surrounds & Atmos ceiling will suit me fine.

My current Living Room system consists of Oppo-205, Anthem STR Pre, Emotiva XPA-1 Gen 2 monoblocs, 2 SVS SB4000 subs.
Synology 918+ NAS w\ Roon.
Sounds just loverly.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Revel service, communication, has been by far the best i've encountered. Sometimes it's taken a little time, but I never had another company go to the lengths these guys do, and while i'm down to a single Revel product, the voice 1 these guys are the best when it comes to support.

·
Registered
291 Posts
it would be great if you compared your f206 vs 226be. I wouldnt buy a 3rd sub until you measured all the various possible positions in your space.
I’d imagine the F206 - F226Be comparison is similar to the F208 - F228Be comparison.

If you are a big 2 channel guy and want speakers that are a little better than the performa3 without breaking the bank then there are definite tangible benefits sonically.

If you have a home theater setup built around the performa3 speakers and that’s the primary use then it’s probably not worth upgrading from the performa3 main speakers to the performaBe.

My system was a mix of performa3 across the front 3 and concerta F12 x 4 and JBL in-ceiling speakers. So upgrading from the F208 to F228Be did help my 2 channel but movies sound pretty much the same - which is excellent. It’s more than good enough to enjoy movies without possibly changing my C208 to the C426Be and upgrading the F12. The F12 make excellent surround speakers and the C208 is still a beast of a center.

So while I have a hodgepodge of Revel speakers, music and movies sound excellent and I’ll probably pause here for a while.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
^After a bunch of upgrades this year, my wife pressed pause for me. Funny how that works.

Reactions: Karl Maga

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,497 Posts
What is this wife thing you speak of? It's an unfamiliar concept for me... :D
My wife bought me (before we got married) the Voice1.
She was all for the upgrade to Ultima2's. Now likes the smaller AHB2 amplifiers and wants a larger than 77" OLED (when the price get's real).

Life is good.

- Rich

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Nope.
Studio2s for L\C\R & whatever Revel has in 3 years for back surrounds & Atmos ceiling will suit me fine.

My current Living Room system consists of Oppo-205, Anthem STR Pre, Emotiva XPA-1 Gen 2 monoblocs, 2 SVS SB4000 subs.
Synology 918+ NAS w\ Roon.
Sounds just loverly.

You're using a transparent screen, I take it?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Say could she chat with my significant other?
:)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
You're using a transparent screen, I take it?
My theater\music room is in the basement and yes it has a Seymour AV transparent screen.
It's not active right now as the ribbon tweeters in 2 of the 3 front speakers blew out mysteriously while I wasn't using the room.
Unfortunately, I can't get replacement ribbons so I bought a 3 speaker kit from Selah Audio and will build those up after I get the living room
put back together after a 2 year reno that when down to the wall studs, floor joist, chopped 2 walls & raised the ceiling 1 foot among other things.
Just got the mahogany floors finished, finishing up some painting, hung a LG OLED & slowly moving furniture and other gear into the room.
Whew! I'm pooped out just typing it

·
Registered
359 Posts
My wife bought me (before we got married) the Voice1.

She was all for the upgrade to Ultima2's. Now likes the smaller AHB2 amplifiers and wants a larger than 77" OLED (when the price get's real).

Life is good.

- Rich
What's the name of that planet again?

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

18061 - 18080 of 18580 Posts