AVS Forum banner

18521 - 18540 of 18851 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Got my c426be! I had no problem carrying the f226be boxes up the stairs, but I couldn't lift the c426be without risking throwing out my back. I carefully lifted the box end over end up the stairs, which was easy (never mind my heart rate). Now if only I didn't have a project due for work tomorrow, I could set it up!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I delivered and installed a pair of F208's for a friend who lives near me. I pushed them up the steps (one box at a time) to the theater on the second floor of his home. I'm going to be 67 in a few months, I feel fortunate I'm still able to work out and stay in good shape so I can move speakers around, lol.

I hurt my back moving heavy PA speakers when I was much younger, who would have thought audio could be such a dangerous profession?

·
Registered
107 Posts
John Schuermann just got a pair of F328Be's in last week. He will be conducting a listening test and comparison to his Salon2's soon. I don't know of anyone else who has both speakers that can do this. I'll post again when I know more.
Some pics would be nice John

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,837 Posts
Got my c426be! I had no problem carrying the f226be boxes up the stairs, but I couldn't lift the c426be without risking throwing out my back. I carefully lifted the box end over end up the stairs, which was easy (never mind my heart rate). Now if only I didn't have a project due for work tomorrow, I could set it up!!
The large box does look like it would be awkward to carry. So probably more the size/shape than just the sheer weight. My FV15HP's weren't a big issue to move around, once out of the boxes. I can't remember if I carried them in the box, but I'm sure it would have been a bit of a PITA due to the size of the boxes.

What's funny is that I would MUCH prefer lifting and carrying my subs rather than trying to push them around on the supplied rubber feet. Pretty sure Rythmik uses feet with the highest coefficient of friction known to mankind.

Reactions: Bill-99

·
Registered
507 Posts
John Schuermann just got a pair of F328Be's in last week. He will be conducting a listening test and comparison to his Salon2's soon. I don't know of anyone else who has both speakers that can do this. I'll post again when I know more.
This is awesome. Hopefully the test is done blind, and preferably crossed to subs, as run full range Salon should win easily just based on bass.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The large box does look like it would be awkward to carry. So probably more the size/shape than just the sheer weight. My FV15HP's weren't a big issue to move around, once out of the boxes. I can't remember if I carried them in the box, but I'm sure it would have been a bit of a PITA due to the size of the boxes.

What's funny is that I would MUCH prefer lifting and carrying my subs rather than trying to push them around on the supplied rubber feet. Pretty sure Rythmik uses feet with the highest coefficient of friction known to mankind.

I struggled carrying my F18s up the stairs with the UPS guy while wearing slippers and a mask. They slid quite easily with the white fabric bag they came in. Once in place, I slipped the bag off. I keep saying I need to clean out my workout room so I can start lifting again, but I keep procrastinating! At least I started walking and lost all the weight I put on during quarantine.

Reactions: Karl Maga

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
7,837 Posts
Yep. Sounds like it’s time to get under the bar! . I must admit, I’ve been slacking this year but firmly back on track now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hooked up the c426be last night, haven't run ARC yet. The wife wasn't totally in love with the aesthetics, but it'll look much better with a 77" TV mounted above it. In the meantime, I'm putting my law school books to good use until I get some help mounting the TV! I think I'll get either the Sony A9 (2019 model) or the LG CX (2020 model). They're both about the same price and I don't want to wait another year for a bigger TV.

First impression - huge improvement for movies. The front soundstage feels wider and the effects are much more pronounced. Watching the news this morning sounded very different - instead of hearing a phantom center coming from the TV, I heard voices coming from the c426be's tweeter (and mid-range woofer), something I'll get used to I'm sure. I hope the GIK Acoustic panels come next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Watching the news this morning sounded very different - instead of hearing a phantom center coming from the TV, I heard voices coming from the c426be's tweeter (and mid-range woofer), something I'll get used to I'm sure.
It's 100% psychological, but i notice I hear voices coming from the center if the grill is off. With the grill on, I hear the voices coming from on screen...

·
Registered
30,627 Posts
First impression - huge improvement for movies. The front soundstage feels wider and the effects are much more pronounced. Watching the news this morning sounded very different - instead of hearing a phantom center coming from the TV, I heard voices coming from the c426be's tweeter (and mid-range woofer), something I'll get used to I'm sure. I hope the GIK Acoustic panels come next week.
Your picture makes a great impression on me. I don't think I could feel comfortable with all those white eyeballs staring at me and it is probably going to affect what I hear. A good case for putting on the grill covers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You'd probably be better off getting Bose with such a low ceiling... :D

I agree with Bear though, if the size of the F36 works in your room, go for it. Otherwise you'll always be wondering "what if...".

In other news, my c426be is on a truck and should be delivered any minute now!

Waiting to see your c426be!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hooked up the c426be last night, haven't run ARC yet. The wife wasn't totally in love with the aesthetics, but it'll look much better with a 77" TV mounted above it. In the meantime, I'm putting my law school books to good use until I get some help mounting the TV! I think I'll get either the Sony A9 (2019 model) or the LG CX (2020 model). They're both about the same price and I don't want to wait another year for a bigger TV.

Same here have my A9G wall mounted but need to lower it another 5 inches to match up with my audio box! Thanks for the review of how the c426be sounds can’t wait to get one. Going with white!

·
93 Posts
I finally have my Revel Bes front sound stage complete. It's been 2 years in the making but I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm not a fan of the white cones on the Bes, probably my only complaint. I always keep the grills on. At this point no more upgrades planned, at least that's what I told my wife. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,941 Posts

Your picture makes a great impression on me. I don't think I could feel comfortable with all those white eyeballs staring at me and it is probably going to affect what I hear. A good case for putting on the grill covers.
Kal, IIRC you had B&W speakers at one point. Is that right? Those alway struck me as the epitome of eyeballs looking at you. Never could get past that look.

But as you say, grills are a good option here if the look is troubling.

·
Registered
30,627 Posts
Kal, IIRC you had B&W speakers at one point. Is that right? Those alway struck me as the epitome of eyeballs looking at you. Never could get past that look.

But as you say, grills are a good option here if the look is troubling.
I used the grills on them, too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have dealer recommendations that are willing to do below MSRP on the Performa line?

Looking to finally expand my F208's into a 5.1 system.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
PM sent.

18521 - 18540 of 18851 Posts