AVS Forum banner

18541 - 18560 of 18855 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've been very very happy with my c426be. Speech is incredibly clear and detailed. Aside from broadcasts where the only audio is someone talking (i.e. the news), it disappears into the room (sonically, not visually). It provides an incredible front soundstage paired with the f226be's. I'm sorry I don't have another center channel to compare it to side-by-side, but I don't need to do that in order to know it's a fantastic center channel.

I spent over 2 hours yesterday unpacking my acoustic panels. I'm hoping to have time to hang them up this weekend.

I finally ordered a 77" OLED this week. I went with the Sony a9g.

I am still waiting on UPS to come pick up the extra c426be Harman sent me by mistake.... It's been sitting in my garage between the cars for a week now. I wonder if I hadn't said anything, would someone have come after me to get it? I did the right thing and had my dealer set up a return through Harman and UPS.

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
I've been very very happy with my c426be. Speech is incredibly clear and detailed. Aside from broadcasts where the only audio is someone talking (i.e. the news), it disappears into the room (sonically, not visually). It provides an incredible front soundstage paired with the f226be's. I'm sorry I don't have another center channel to compare it to side-by-side, but I don't need to do that in order to know it's a fantastic center channel.

I spent over 2 hours yesterday unpacking my acoustic panels. I'm hoping to have time to hang them up this weekend.

I am still waiting on UPS to come pick up the extra c426be Harman sent me by mistake.... It's been sitting in my garage between the cars for a week now. I wonder if I hadn't said anything, would someone have come after me to get it? I did the right thing and had my dealer set up a return through Harman and UPS.
Ethics and morals are very good to have; you'll sleep better at night.

Of course, if you couldn't sleep, you could be setting up that second c426be someplace for a listen... ;) :)

I had a flat tire, and was overdue to replace them, so bought all new tires last week, including the spare (5 tires). They invoiced me for four after I had told them to replace the (ca. 2008 original) spare. I drove it home (stupid) before I realized that, and got ready to call them and chew them out for not replacing the spare, then checked and saw they did replace it but didn't charge me. Oops. I called them and paid. Ethics and morals can be costly

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,526 Posts

Maybe, you should try dual center channels. I know it probably doesn't work out to an advantage but I have wondered if two could widen the center to approach cinematic scale. I suppose a processor could do that was well.

- Rich

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,727 Posts
Ethics and morals are very good to have; you'll sleep better at night.

Of course, if you couldn't sleep, you could be setting up that second c426be someplace for a listen... ;) :)

I had a flat tire, and was overdue to replace them, so bought all new tires last week, including the spare (5 tires). They invoiced me for four after I had told them to replace the (ca. 2008 original) spare. I drove it home (stupid) before I realized that, and got ready to call them and chew them out for not replacing the spare, then checked and saw they did replace it but didn't charge me. Oops. I called them and paid. Ethics and morals can be costly
Sometimes being honest results in being able to get a good deal / keep the extra item AND feel good about it too. Amazon sent me 2 of something last year by mistake; each item was worth about $130. I contacted customer support and was thanked for being honest and told to keep the extra and do what I want with it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Maybe, you should try dual center channels. I know it probably doesn't work out to an advantage but I have wondered if two could widen the center to approach cinematic scale. I suppose a processor could do that was well.

- Rich
I believe the major advantage of Auro3D over Atmos is that Auro3D (or am I thinking DTS:X?) has or may include a center height channel.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,526 Posts
I believe the major advantage of Auro3D over Atmos is that Auro3D (or am I thinking DTS:X?) has or may include a center height channel.
I was thinking of center-spread and not height. My center is above my screen so I don't need more of that.

- Rich

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
First, congratulations on the new center. I thought the C208 was big but that thing is HUGE! Hoping you will post your listening impressions. Regardless, it seems likely you are in for some fun.
:)

·
Registered
588 Posts
First, congratulations on the new center. I thought the C208 was big but that thing is HUGE! Hoping you will post your listening impressions. Regardless, it seems likely you are in for some fun.
:)
I started re-watching Bohemian Rhapsody today for the first time with the c426be. I used the UltraHD disc instead of streaming it on the AppleTV. Wow it's so good! My front soundstage is so Incredibly detailed and airy without sounding bright. There are several scenes where the c763l's shine too - a couple airplane flyovers and the scene in the rain. I'm so glad I decided to splurge on the f226be's and c426be over f208s and c208. I especially love the look of the white cones (although I know it's not for everybody).

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Not sure if this has been covered before... What are you using for a stand with the C426Be? Any idea if there's a Revel recommended stand?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not sure if this has been covered before... What are you using for a stand with the C426Be? Any idea if there's a Revel recommended stand?
It's sitting on top of my AV cabinet. The feet are only 18" apart, if that helps.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
It's sitting on top of my AV cabinet. The feet are only 18" apart, if that helps.
Do the feet need to be installed or will it sit "flat" without feet?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
From our rep:

There is no purpose built stand for the C426Be. You can use the C stand (meant for the C208 and C205). The bolt holes don't line up, so you can't attach it to the stand, but the engineers tested it and it fits and works. You just need something like double stick tape.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Since acquiring my F228Be loudspeakers last December , there was always something not quite there with their sound. Adding quality cabling helped to a degree but still. After adding a Shunyata Research power distributor and power cable from the wall to it (the two really act as a system) four days ago, the sound quality is pretty awesome. The PD/PC is said to take 10 days to fully break in according to other owners and I’m finding it to sound better every day! If you’ve invested in PerformaBe and don’t yet have a good power conditioner, I highly recommend the Denali 6000/S v2 with at least their Alpha XC PC. Sigma XC PC if you have future thoughts of upgrading to the Everest like I do. If you make this upgrade, you will be amazed like I am at how much noise there was and how good the speakers can really sound. Without one, you’re missing something very special. :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
^
Why in the world would a power conditioner or cable take 10 days to "break in"? Unless you have third-world country quality power, I don't see how it can make the F228Be sound any different, but I won't bother with that claim.

·
Registered
10,339 Posts
I use Brilliant Pebbles to clean my system. They're much cheaper and easy to place wherever you need them. I placed a bag of pebbles on my head while listening to music and the sound was much clearer than without them. I even experimented by placing a bag of pebbles on my head while meditating. I thought I heard God talking to me, but it ended up being an angel punking me. Those angels, they're such jokers. Give 'em a try. What have you got to lose?

·
Registered
80 Posts
^
Why in the world would a power conditioner or cable take 10 days to "break in"? Unless you have third-world country quality power, I don't see how it can make the F228Be sound any different, but I won't bother with that claim.
Because the return period is 9 days? :D
I was thinking exactly along those lines.
The 10 day break-in is based on many people who have actually bought the product and since the sound of my system has been steadily improving every day I believe them.

GSRand JD23, keep your snarky comments to yourselves, it just shows your ignorance on this topic. There is no way you would say this if you tried these products. Night vs. day. But I know your type, close minded like those in the flat-earthers society. Just move along now.

For those with an open mind, feel free to read others comments from the below link. Just trying to pass on my extremely positive experience.

18541 - 18560 of 18855 Posts