AVS Forum banner

18581 - 18600 of 18853 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Does anyone know if Revel's Performa3 and Be center channel height dimensions include the feet?

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
No, height spec does not include the feet. The C208 is 11.8" with the rear feet installed in the no tilt position.
My 426Be measures 12 5/8 including feet in the no tilt position.
Thanks Rex Anderson and jperrybp. Very interesting. Revel lists the C208 height as 11.8" so that appears to be with the rear feet in the no tilt configuration. They list the C426Be height as 10.4" and it measures 12 5/8" in the no tilt position. Seems that they should be consistent and also note clearly what the height is based on. A bit frustrating since I'm trying to determine whether either of these will fit without raising my TV, which is already higher than it should be. Both speakers are under consideration as I try to choose between the Performa3 and Be series.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Thanks Rex Anderson and jperrybp. Very interesting. Revel lists the C208 height as 11.8" so that appears to be with the rear feet in the no tilt configuration. They list the C426Be height as 10.4" and it measures 12 5/8" in the no tilt position. Seems that they should be consistent and also note clearly what the height is based on. A bit frustrating since I'm trying to determine whether either of these will fit without raising my TV, which is already higher than it should be. Both speakers are under consideration as I try to choose between the Performa3 and Be series.
Are you starting from scratch and planning to buy all Performa Be or all Performa3? There is the obvious price difference to consider if that matters. It looks like the C426Be is about 1" taller than the C208 when both are set for no tilt. The C426Be is wider too.

·
93 Posts
I measured my C426Be, excluding the feet, and came up with 10 5/8". Seems slight taller than the 10.4" that Revel lists it. I measured it by removing the grill and measuring from the bottom of the speaker to the top from the front, which is the tallest part of it.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Thanks everyone for help with the C208 and C426Be dimensions. I have a 7.2.4 setup and am looking to upgrade my LCR speakers. My priority is the best speaker I can get for two channel sound within my budget and have narrowed my choice to either a F226Be or F206 (the larger versions are a bit too wide). I prefer the F226Be but would likely be happy with the F206. The problem is that neither the C208 or C426Be will fit due to their height. I can't easily raise the TV and I'm using a Standout Designs cabinet that I don't want to replace. So it looks like I am stuck with a C205. I know that the C205 is a good match for the F206, but could I also use it with the F226Be? Any thoughts? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
C205 is a good speaker but might not be able to keep up with the F226Be's re: output level if you want to play loud. The F226Be was the winner in this shootout: Shootout: Revel F208, F226Be, JBL HDI-3800, L100

Surely you could hire a pro to raise your TV enough to get the C426Be in there.
Thanks Rex. I could replace my current wall mount with another that would mount the TV higher, but I'm hesitant to raise it another 2-4 inches since it's already higher than I like it to be based on my eye height. I was originally thinking of timbre match in my original question but didn't consider differences in sensitivity and power handling causing the C205 not to keep up with the F226Be's when played very loud. Interesting point. I wonder if instead of using the feet on the C426Be if I could use felt pads positioned so it would still be in or close to the no tilt position.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Thanks Rex. I could replace my current wall mount with another that would mount the TV higher, but I'm hesitant to raise it another 2-4 inches since it's already higher than I like it to be based on my eye height. I was originally thinking of timbre match in my original question but didn't consider differences in sensitivity and power handling causing the C205 not to keep up with the F226Be's when played very loud. Interesting point. I wonder if instead of using the feet on the C426Be if I could use felt pads positioned so it would still be in or close to the no tilt position.
Depending on how far you sit from the TV, a few inches of extra height won't affect the viewing angle that much. I don't think the C426 Be can be used without the feet, the curved cabinet might not be stable. That said, there might be other options like much shorter sticky rubber bumper type pads/feet that would keep it from rolling. I think the feet that come with the C426Be also provide some acoustic isolation for when it sits on an AV console.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks everyone for help with the C208 and C426Be dimensions. I have a 7.2.4 setup and am looking to upgrade my LCR speakers. My priority is the best speaker I can get for two channel sound within my budget and have narrowed my choice to either a F226Be or F206 (the larger versions are a bit too wide). I prefer the F226Be but would likely be happy with the F206. The problem is that neither the C208 or C426Be will fit due to their height. I can't easily raise the TV and I'm using a Standout Designs cabinet that I don't want to replace. So it looks like I am stuck with a C205. I know that the C205 is a good match for the F206, but could I also use it with the F226Be? Any thoughts? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance.
Amazon has stands that you can raise the TV high enough to place the C208 under. I have that setup in my system. Also the C208 is 11.8 in at the widest part of the cabinet (front baffle). The built in spikes are excluded from the measurement.

I’ll take a picture and share a link of the TV stand I bought when I get a change but basically you replace your tv stand with this new stand.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Here's a pic showing my c426be exactly 12" from my cabinet to the top of the speaker. Even with the padded screws taken out, the feet are still over an inch tall.

Attachments

Reactions: value and RichB

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Here's a pic showing my c426be exactly 12" from my cabinet to the top of the speaker. Even with the padded screws taken out, the feet are still over an inch tall.
Thanks. I love the "book" stand!

Reactions: blSwagger

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any Revel owners have recommendations on a good 2 channel power amplifier to use with my F206s? I am planning to purchase a Denon x4700 as my AVR and then pre out the F206s through an external amp and power the other 9 channels through the Denon. I was recommended to look at the Marantz MM7025; also looked at Parasound. Hoping the Revel owners thread might be able to steer me in the right direction on a good power amp match?

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,525 Posts
Any Revel owners have recommendations on a good 2 channel power amplifier to use with my F206s? I am planning to purchase a Denon x4700 as my AVR and then pre out the F206s through an external amp and power the other 9 channels through the Denon. I was recommended to look at the Marantz MM7025; also looked at Parasound. Hoping the Revel owners thread might be able to steer me in the right direction on a good power amp match?
My brother-in-law drives his with an Parasound A21 and it sounds great. ATI makes good amps. I have settled on Benchmark AHB2. At some point, I will bring one over to his house to give him a listen.

- Rich

·
Premium Member
647 Posts

Thanks in advance.
I am using a C205 as a fill-in until I replace it with the C426Be (at least, that's the plan). It seemed that that C208 was a bit taller than the C426Be when comparing both without feet. I use an acoustic mat of some kind that I picked up at Amazon, and it seems to be working quite well. I no longer use the feet at all. I originally had the back feet on, and then both feet at one time until one day I used a laser measuring device to ascertain exactly where the tweeter was pointing. Turns out it was actually pointing somewhat higher than I originally thought. I use a BDI stand, but my TV is mounted behind it on the wall, so the center is on top of the stand. That said, my goal was to have the edge of the screen virtually touch the top of the speaker from our seating position. I've been pleased with the results of the mat. Here's a picture of the C205 on the mat:

This might be worth looking into/experimenting with on your C205 before you make a final decision because the cost is low. It would be a shame if rubber feet/positioning of feet ended up keeping you from audio nirvana. I took my time making the cut to the mat to ensure that it looked good aesthetically (and it does--it matches quite nicely). Here is the link to the one I picked up:

There are several kinds you can get/try out. My first idea was to find a yoga mat of some kind and modify that or use something like a Subdude from Auralex (but the Subdude defeated the purpose because its height would already be higher/right at the height of the feet that come with the C205--plus, it wouldn't look quite so sharp). Anyway, I haven't had any problems with vibrations, so far (at least, from what I can tell). The mat I purchased is only 1/4th an inch high. If need be, you could layer it and still cut off a tad bit of height from the speaker.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That was a good read. So... any feedback on your C426Be vs. the Voice 2, yet?

Voice2 is sold and off to its new owner :)

Obviously doing sighted trials means nothing, but I thought the 426 sounded "better" and did a better job with coverage of the room.

My blinded subjects -wife and kids- consistently picked the 426be as well. (with the two speakers sitting side by side in admittedly suboptimal placement)

18581 - 18600 of 18853 Posts