AVS Forum banner

18721 - 18740 of 18851 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
How much higher did it put the tweeter? I’m looking for something similar for my side surrounds. (Birks Place possibly)
I'm not sure I understand the question. The 4" high concrete block raised the tweeter by 4". The 8" high block raised the tweeter an additional 4".

Attachments

Reactions: Snowmanick

·
Registered
171 Posts
I remember seeing a chart of the lowpass effectiveness vs load of the various Gaias at some point but can't remember if it was on their site or not. I guess for a professional reviewer, I would say just spend on the Gaia I and remove any doubt about Young's Modulus in your use case. It isn't going to hurt anything to have an underloaded condition. ;)

·
Registered
30,624 Posts
I remember seeing a chart of the lowpass effectiveness vs load of the various Gaias at some point but can't remember if it was on their site or not. I guess for a professional reviewer, I would say just spend on the Gaia I and remove any doubt about Young's Modulus in your use case. It isn't going to hurt anything to have an underloaded condition. ;)
Easy for you to say! I am not yet convinced to do it at all.

·
Premium Member
7,201 Posts
I got my review pair of the F226Be speakers in today. I made a quick unboxing video. Which isn't typical of me. But, this was too cool not to share.

I will be conducting a full review. Not sure when the review will be done. But stay tuned. Until then, here you go...

Edit: I decided to take the unboxing video down and make new one. I couldn't edit the old one properly via YouTube and I didn't want to spread incorrect information with my comments about SB Acoustics "possibly" making the drive units for Revel since it turns out they no longer do. I'll re-post another hopefully this afternoon.
video is set to Private

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep. I decided to take it down and re-create it later because I made an invalid assumption about them still using SB Acoustics drive units. I think you must have opened it right as I was making the edit to my post (look again).

I'll upload a new one tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question. The 4" high concrete block raised the tweeter by 4". The 8" high block raised the tweeter an additional 4".
Without a doubt, I would stub my toe every time on those :) I used blocks behind my screen once to raise some speakers to clear a cross bar. Black or whatever color you prefer x-large pillow cases are a great trick to hide the concrete.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I guess I was confused since you had 4” and 8”.

One side is higher than the other?
Looks really nice.

I was looking at raising them even higher since it’s recommended 2’ over ear height at seated position I believe.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I guess I was confused since you had 4” and 8”.

One side is higher than the other?
Looks really nice.

I was looking at raising them even higher since it’s recommended 2’ over ear height at seated position I believe.
My ear level is about 32" off the ground, depending on how far back I recline. My f206 tweeters are 47" off the ground. I initially built platforms on 4" high concrete blocks, but I wanted the f206s higher, so I built new platforms using 8" high concrete blocks. I had posted a picture awhile back with one on a 4" platform and the other on the 8" platform just to demonstrate the difference. They are both on the 8" high platforms now. I used the same fabric used to make my dining room bench, which cost $23/yard, to cover the concrete. The 8" platforms needed 3 yards of fabric. The blocks also serve as a deterrent to get too close to the f206s. So if you stub your toe on them, you deserve it. ;)

When watching Atmos content, it's okay for your surrounds to be at or 1-2' above ear level. You don't want them higher because you need to preserve the height separation between your surrounds and rear Atmos speakers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question for the Performa3 owners or knowledgeable Revel Speaker owners. I was interested in the F206 for 80% HT/ 20% Music. I'm hung up on having a 3 way center but as you know the matching 205C is a 2 way. the larger 208C is a 3 way, how does that match up with the F206's? the larger 8 in drivers in the 208C give me pause and not sure if sonically they are incompatible with the 206's drivers?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Question for the Performa3 owners or knowledgeable Revel Speaker owners. I was interested in the F206 for 80% HT/ 20% Music. I'm hung up on having a 3 way center but as you know the matching 205C is a 2 way. the larger 208C is a 3 way, how does that match up with the F206's? the larger 8 in drivers in the 208C give me pause and not sure if sonically they are incompatible with the 206's drivers?
Revel's mantra has always been to match the sound across their entire product offering and not just a specific line. The quality will go up as you advance in the line but the timbre should still match. So it should be a good match and I don't think something you should worry about.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
C208 is a good choice for a center channel with any Revel (or other) speakers. It's a great center channel design. It looks large compared to the F206, but I would not let that deter me. There is no "sonic incompatibility". FWIW, I have F208s for front LR, C208 center and F206's for surround LR so I hear them all together every day.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My new speaker platforms are finished! It's amazing how raising the f206s an additional 4" improved the sound so substantially!
That looks really nice! So you essentially wrapped cinder blocks?

I need to do something similar with my F12 surround speakers!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Take two...

I got my review pair of the Revel F226Be speakers in today. $7k pair speakers. :eek:

I made a quick unboxing video. Which isn't typical of me. But, this was too cool not to share.

I will be conducting a full review. Not sure when the review will be done. But stay tuned. Until then, here you go...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I haven’t heard them together yet, but after as lot of research I decided to go F206 and C208 up front. I’m pretty excited, just waiting for the house build to be completed someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found the c205 to be more than satisfactory for me to match the 206s.
My setup is pretty humble compared to most here I think. I have f206s and a c205 in a 14x13 media room here in north TX. I went with the c363 and w363 for surrounds and an anthem mrx 720 to power them. I got an svs sb2000 to fill out the low end. I am a professional musician and public school teacher so I did what most people suggested which was get the best I could within my (wife’s allowable) budget.

I am happy with what I have for HT and music as a spend my time 80/20 for HT/music. That doesn’t mean I don’t want more.

cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all! I’m considering pulling the trigger on the Revel F208, C208, and C763 in ceiling speakers for a 5.1.2 home theater and music system. Would the Denon AVR 4700H be sufficient to power this system at moderate listening levels in a midsized home theater room? Would I be leaving much on the table here vs going with dedicated power amplifier like Emotiva?

18721 - 18740 of 18851 Posts