AVS Forum banner

19181 - 19200 of 19248 Posts

·
Registered
30,660 Posts
Wow. 5’ from the back wall? I am currently running 100V5’s about 2’ out and due to my room setup and I don’t really have much more available. Hopefully, the Studio 2’s will do ok in that environment.
I have the room for it. It is 12' from the front of the center speaker to the my ears (and another 13' to the wall behind me).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the room for it. It is 12' from the front of the center speaker to the my ears (and another 13' to the wall behind me).
Do you push your Studio’s very hard? I am currently running a 200 x 5 Rotel and thinking I may need to upgrade to a bit more power. I listen to classic rock fairly loud - 90-95db or so.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wow. 5’ from the back wall? I am currently running 100V5’s about 2’ out and due to my room setup and I don’t really have much more available. Hopefully, the Studio 2’s will do ok in that environment.
The Studio2 has low frequency compensation in the back. If you decide to go with the F228Be, let me know about the Studio2 - I may get it and sell the F228Be (they are about 6 months old). 😬

·
Registered
30,660 Posts
Do you push your Studio’s very hard? I am currently running a 200 x 5 Rotel and thinking I may need to upgrade to a bit more power. I listen to classic rock fairly loud - 90-95db or so.
Occasionally but my program content is very different. I listen to classical music almost exclusively but have a predilection for big symphonic and opera. I am guessing that my average loudness is less than yours but that my dynamic range is wider. Each Studio2 is driven by a bridged Benchmark AHB2, rated at 380w (8ohms), 480 (6ohms). I never see any LEDs even flickering.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Occasionally but my program content is very different. I listen to classical music almost exclusively but have a predilection for big symphonic and opera. I am guessing that my average loudness is less than yours but that my dynamic range is wider. Each Studio2 is driven by a bridged Benchmark AHB2, rated at 380w (8ohms), 480 (6ohms). I never see any LEDs even flickering.
Hey @Kal Rubinson, have you tried running your Studio2's with a Benchmark AHB2 not bridged? I wonder if you need the amount of power you have on tap. Of course I understand headroom, but I'm curious to know if you would ever see a clip LED flicker without using them in bridged mode. I think you would want more LF extension and level than the Studio2 can provide to get the full orchestral experience. If you had subs, you might not need so much power to drive the Studio2s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome. Tons of headroom. I will need more power for sure, because sometimes I push the Rotel pretty hard and the Studio’s are about 2db less efficient then the Paradigms. Considering a Parasound A21+

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Are the C426Be Foot Supports removable? The picture in the manual seems to indicate they are, at least in the front.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Are the C426Be Foot Supports removable?
I have found very few items that are not removeable with a properly sized hammer, pry bar, or cutting torch :)

Considering it says "threaded" in the diagram, I would assume it is either phillips, allen, or a torx head on that bolt. Should come off easy-peasy.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Are the C426Be Foot Supports removable? The picture in the manual seems to indicate they are, at least in the front.

View attachment 3071898
I have the C208 & the owner manual is is identical to the image you posted - in my case the feet are definitely removeable and it seems almost certain that is the case for the C426Be as well.

Reactions: maser

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have the C208 & the owner manual is is identical to the image you posted - in my case the feet are definitely removeable and it seems almost certain that is the case for the C426Be as well.
I think the difference between the C208 and the C426Be are the feet supports. The C208 just has holes in the bottom with the threaded feet. The c426Be appears to have the threaded feet but also have some “legs”.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I think the difference between the C208 and the C426Be are the feet supports. The C208 just has holes in the bottom with the threaded feet. The c426Be appears to have the threaded feet but also have some “legs”.
Looking at the C208 manual this appears to be correct. On the C426Be it's the "legs" (i.e. labeled "foot support" in the owners manual) that I'm referring to. Has anyone removed these from their C426Be's?.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have found very few items that are not removeable with a properly sized hammer, pry bar, or cutting torch :)

Considering it says "threaded" in the diagram, I would assume it is either phillips, allen, or a torx head on that bolt. Should come off easy-peasy.
The threaded feet just twist by hand, no tools required. I left both foot supports on (and didn't try taking them off), but removed the threaded feet in the front and unscrewed the threaded feet in the back about 1/4" so that the c426be is aimed directly at the MLP.

The c426be is so big it makes my 77" OLED seem small.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
The c426be is so big it makes my 77" OLED seem small.
That is a big MOFO isn't it. Its easy to read dimensions but not fully appreciate those dimensions until you either take it out of the box or see a picture like this in scale. Nice setup - well done.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I finally got around to watching Hamilton last night. The wife said “you know, this was the first time I thought the speakers were worth the money”
What speaker are we talking about? My friend you have a different speaker every month, and I am not current where you at on that timeline :)

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Looking at the C208 manual this appears to be correct. On the C426Be it's the "legs" (i.e. labeled "foot support" in the owners manual) that I'm referring to. Has anyone removed these from their C426Be's?.
The foot supports or "LEGS": are fixed not removable on the C426be. I asked Harmon support prior to purchasing this monster. Pictures can't do it justice it is huge!

19181 - 19200 of 19248 Posts