AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an ad in todays paper from Fry's for these glasses for $89. The ad states the glasses are for Mitsubishi and Samsung TVs, lightweight, includes case, rechargeable with 40 hours and available in white also. That is all that I know.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I saw the same thing...anyone tried them w/ a Samsung display and if so, how well do they work compared to the Samsung ones?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i picked up a pair from fry's this afternoon, they work as good and fit better with my prescription glasses. i'd say they are a great deal compared to the samsung glasses. rgw.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Agreed; I picked up three of them...the salesperson allowed me to grab three even though supposedly the system would only allow him to punch in two--note, these glasses are stored in the product cage (IOW you'll have to ask a salesperson to grab them) rather than on the shelves, just in case anyone interested in picking up a pair was having a hard time finding them. These glasses seem to work maybe a smidge better but definitely no worse than the Samsungs IMHO...plus the fact that they are rechargeable is a plus although granted they can only be recharged via USB. Anyone know what type of rechargeable battery is used in these glasses--LiIon, NiCd, NiMH?

·
Registered
638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneman /forum/post/19634996

Agreed; I picked up three of them...the salesperson allowed me to grab three even though supposedly the system would only allow him to punch in two--note, these glasses are stored in the product cage (IOW you'll have to ask a salesperson to grab them) rather than on the shelves, just in case anyone interested in picking up a pair was having a hard time finding them. These glasses seem to work maybe a smidge better but definitely no worse than the Samsungs IMHO...plus the fact that they are rechargeable is a plus although granted they can only be recharged via USB. Anyone know what type of rechargeable battery is used in these glasses--LiIon, NiCd, NiMH?

Can you use a cell phone charger on them? I hate USB chargers.....

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobrew /forum/post/19635791

Can you use a cell phone charger on them? I hate USB chargers.....

No--the connector that connects to the glasses is definitely proprietary. I don't mind the USB charger method, except IMHO Revena definitely should have included a longer cord--the included cord is not even a foot in length IIRC; I think they made it that short so that it can be stored easily in the included hard carrying case (designed to store glasses, charging cord, and included cleaning cloth), which BTW is much more protective than the soft pouch that comes with the Samsung glasses. It should also be noted that the Revenas are slightly larger than the Samsung (adult-sized) glasses so they may be even less kid-friendly than the Samsung ones (if you don't have the Sammy child-sized ones or similar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG /forum/post/19639501

Link? I can't find anything on them.
Revena 3D Glasses

There's not a ton of information about these glasses but at least there's something...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to this forum and it won't let me post the URL until I've made three posts so here is 1 post...

At this point, they are only available through Fry's and online at the Revena website. Will be formally announced soon...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased 2 pairs of these Revena 3D Glasses from my local Fry's Electronics.

1. You CAN use a regular micro USB cellphone charger to recharge these glasses (the connector is not propriatary, as someone else said). So, these can be charged by connecting to pretty much any standard cellphone charger, or by plugging into a USB port on a computer.

2. These are kept "hidden" away at Fry's in the back, so you have to ask a salesperson in the TV department to assist you with them.

3. I've used these a few times with my Samsung 3D Plasma TV and they seem to work fine. However, I've never had a chance to compare them to actual Samsung 3D glassees. But for only $89.95/pair at Fry's, and the fact that they're rechargeable, I think they make great 3D glasses.

I also like the hard case that they come with for storage. Well protected, and no batteries to replace. They claim to work with both Mitsubishi & Samsung 3D HDTV's. They come with a 1 year limited warranty, and are distributed thru Beaverton, OR.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
These are not DLP Linc compatible....be advised. They will require an emitter. I emailed the mfg., talked to sales rep at Frys and bought a pair, and then had to return them from trying to get to work with my Sammy 61A750. The mfg apologized and said he was referring to the new Mitsubishi rear projection sets with the built in "emitter".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts