AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the time to pop Revenge in my S1, it is one of my favorite movies,

this is one of the best film images I have ever seen, it is oozing detail and natural sharpness, no EE or noise reduction at all, just a perfect amazing image, I am really impressed with Sony on this one
I think their product is starting to be up there with the best

-Gary

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by static14 /forum/post/0

This so far has been the most surprising catalogue title on Blu-Ray (stunning transfer), and i actually prefer the shorter director's cut to the theatrical version.

I have only seen the BD version; did the theatrical version have more explanation of the background of the relationship between the Costner character and the Quinn character?

·
Registered
878 Posts
agree with Gary. great movie and a really good picture. i would have preferred theatrical version, but i'll live.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I disagree. The PQ was in no ways reference and was average to below average IMO.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Never really heard much about this film on this forum. I'll throw it into my queue and I'll get to it eventually.

HDD gives 4.0 for both picture and sound quality. The content?? Not too good in their opinion. Different strokes though as I may love it.

·
Registered
712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 /forum/post/12267066

Never really heard much about this film on this forum. I'll throw it into my queue and I'll get to it eventually.

HDD gives 4.0 for both picture and sound quality. The content?? Not too good in their opinion. Different strokes though as I may love it.

The PQ and AQ were fine. But the content itself, what junk. Indeed, different strokes for different folks. I rented this, and that's about all it's worth; a rental. Do not purchase, even if it's on sale somewhere.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf1980 /forum/post/12267224

The PQ and AQ were fine. But the content itself, what junk. Indeed, different strokes for different folks. I rented this, and that's about all it's worth; a rental. Do not purchase, even if it's on sale somewhere.

I haven't been tempted to watch it again. I have to agree that the content was junk.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznit /forum/post/12267592

i bought this on the bogo with another 10% off @ amazon, seems as though it's not even worth it at 60% off?????????

Well, you do get to see a lot of Madeline Stowe

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My girlfriend and I watched it last night - and both hated it. I didn't even care if the PQ was good or not - who cares when the movie sucks. I loved his Graceland movie. And Mr. Brooks was very good as well. This one totally stunk. Good thing I only spent $10 on it. The bad thing is I spent $9.99 too much.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've never seen this film. How comparable is it to some of Tony Scott's earlier work such as The Last Boy Scout (earlier work of which Revenge is among) in terms of content?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradman /forum/post/12268016

Well, you do get to see a lot of Madeline Stowe

Could a woman get any sexier than Madeline Stowe in this movie?

·
23,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold_As_IceSMM /forum/post/12269607

I've never seen this film. How comparable is it to some of Tony Scott's earlier work such as The Last Boy Scout (earlier work of which Revenge is among) in terms of content?

He's not the writer so it's tough to judge a lot of his work against each other. All his movies have the Tony Scott "look". IMO, except Man on Fire and maybe Top Gunn (for it's time) nothing he's done has topped True Romance. But the writing/story played a huge part. He had directed very good movies - Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State are some others.

larry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.