AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to reverse the audio sent to a pair of speakers so that L-channel audio comes out of R-channel? And vice-versa?

I assume it would have to do with internal wiring. Currently the active speaker is my right speaker, but I need that to be my left speaker(due to room constraints). Is this at all possible?

Speakers in question are Kanto Yumi's. Also I am using optical input as well as Bluetooth input, so there's no way to simply reverse the wiring. The right speaker HAS to remain the powered speaker, I'm just hoping I can find a way to internally make it think it should be playing L-ch audio and passing R-ch audio to the other speaker.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast  /t/1467928/reverse-stereo-in-2-1-active-passive-speaker-pair#post_23195215

Can't you just put the "right" speaker on the left side?

I wish, haha. Unfortunately as I mentioned, there are room constraints. The current "left" speaker has all the audio inputs and power input, and it would be very difficult to run those wires to where the other speaker is located. It is not close to the other one.

For context, I am actually in between my two speakers. They are on opposite ends of the walls. It is not the ideal placement for speakers, but it was the best with how my room was set up.

This image will clarify a bit:

·
Registered
13,490 Posts
Just plug the right speaker cable into the left speaker and vice versa.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P  /t/1467928/reverse-stereo-in-2-1-active-passive-speaker-pair#post_23195729

Just plug the right speaker cable into the left speaker and vice versa.

Again, I am using optical and bluetooth. It is not possible to just switch wires. The speaker was designed with the active speaker being the right speaker.

UPDATE FROM MANUFACTURER:

There is a defect with this unit, there is a wiring fault which causes the channels to be swapped. This is being fixed in our next revision.

I knew when I originally talked to this manufacturer that they said the left speaker was the active, so I was quite confused when this started happening. Looks like it will be solved with a revision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts