AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this one tonight. It's from 2000, so 15 years old (that's really hard to believe, did I fall into a time hole?) Maybe everyone saw it back when, but I found no mentions of it, and it is a small movie, so I figured I'd throw it out there in case someone else wants to see it.

I thought it was a beautiful movie, very well done. The acting was all top notch. It was funny and very melancholic at the same time. The primary characters are played by Stellan Skarsgard, Lena Headly, Charlotte Rampling, and Fergus McLarnon (?). They all do an excellent job. All of the characters have plenty of layers to peel off. Lena Headly is gorgeous and I love her Irish accent.

Anyway, it's a fairly simple story, well done, of a mother, father, and daughter, all estranged from each other. The mother asks the daughter to go to Norway and bring back her father, though the reasons she gives are not the real ones. It's the story of the daughter making the trip and getting her (dangerously alcoholic) father back to Aberdeen, which turns into quite an undertaking, that almost does them both in, both physically and emotionally.

If you like those types of stories, definitely check it out. I think you'd really enjoy it.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I just realized that Lena was the queen in 300, though this was a 6 years younger version of her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts