AVS Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi Sledge,

Unfortunately, I plan to switch from my old Popcorn VTEN (no HDR, Youtube, 4K @ 60) to something with good video and good audio. For video - I have Shield but without HDR on YT. I am looking for something to play video files from discs (HDR, 4K, DVD-ISO, BD-ISO) and most importantly - audio (flac 6ch or SACD 6ch non ISO files DFF or else).
I think about DUNE 4K PRO II - it has YT with HDR, 4K @ 60fps .. but I don't know anything about multichannel audio player - is it suitable?

What do you suggest ?

greetings!
YT HDR doesn't work. Since I'm not a audio guy I cant say much regarding the output of SACD or FLAC.
The Pro 4K II doesn't do MCH SACD as of now. However, the upcoming Pro 4K Plus II will support it. Since they both use the same SoC they might bring it to the Pro 4K II as well.
If you want best HDR processing you should get the Zidoo Z9X as it offers Dolby's VS10 processing engine.

Thank you for the honest review. Let me ask if watching a movie by Kodi on Sony TV, will the X1 chip or the MediaTek chip take care of decoding the image of the movie?
Sorry, I dont know that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
YT HDR doesn't work. Since I'm not a audio guy I cant say much regarding the output of SACD or FLAC.
The Pro 4K II doesn't do MCH SACD as of now. However, the upcoming Pro 4K Plus II will support it. Since they both use the same SoC they might bring it to the Pro 4K II as well.
If you want best HDR processing you should get the Zidoo Z9X as it offers Dolby's VS10 processing engine.
It is strange... I have different information from official offer:

VP9 profil 2 i obsługa YouTube 4K HDR
  • Dune HD Pro 4K II dekoduje nie tylko standardowy kodek wideo VP9 (bez obsługi HDR), ale także najnowszy profil 2 kodeka VP9, który jest zgodny z HDR i jest używany w YouTube do treści 4K HDR. Jest to unikatowa cecha wyróżniająca odtwarzacze Dune na rynku.
VP9 Profile 2 and YouTube 4K HDR support Dune HD Pro 4K II decodes not only the standard VP9 video codec (no HDR support), but also the latest profile 2 of the VP9 codec, which is HDR compliant and is used on YouTube for 4K HDR content. This is a unique feature that distinguishes Dune players on the market.

However, the upcoming Pro 4K Plus II will support it.
So, when can i expect in the market ?
Has any other extras :) ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was waiting to hear more about the Pro 4k to upgrade from my Solo 4K.
However, I am intrigued by this Zidoo you mention.
Does the Zidoo have Blu-Ray menu support?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
If we remove the auto mode on the dune hd pro 4k II we get a great picture by refining the settings;) (UHD 4:2:2 or 4:2:0).

"Sledgehamma" If you don't have a television with HDR10 and HDR10 + but the television is only compactable with classic HDR (
HDR Plus)
is there a real interest in buying the zidoo Z9x? ( philips 55PUS6272/12 )
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Specification from review: Zidoo-z9x

Streaming serviceVideo / AudioResultManual
Youtube4K (2160p) / StereoOK
Google Play MoviesHD (720p) / StereoOK
NetflixFullHD (1080p) / StereoOK, read previous NOTE*Netflix on Android
HBOFullHD (1080p) / StereoOK, with mouseHBO on Android
Amazon Prime VideoSD (480p) / StereoOK, with mouseAmazon Prime video on Android
Disney+HD (720p) / StereoOK, with mouseDisney+ on Android
DAZNHD (720p) / StereoOK, with mouse
IPTVFullHD (1080p) / StereoOK

So, Youtube without HDR and without Dolby 5.1, Netflix only 1080p without surround sound (NOTE about Netflix: We can see Netflix in FullHD quality but it’s through a hack by downloading the app offered by ZIDOO ). Date of the test August 2020. Any changes till now ?

My Shiled have Youtube 4K with Dolby 5.1 (without HDR) and NETFLIX with HDR 4K + Atmos Dolby Sound.

Unfortunately shiled not have SACD ISO player (Multichannel) and haven't good player for audio files (MP3, FLAC Multi, DFF or DSF Multi). I think best choise will be Pro 4K Plus II with own multimedia player (Linux) for Multichannel audio files. I like my old VTEN Popcorn player with no Android system. I found info about hybrid systems on Pro 4K II with core Linux player function plus second Android system with extra functions (like Spotify or else). I try to find some player like old Popcorn players with great audio/video play functions from the NAS discs.

I have news from my dealer:

Odtwarzacz Zidoo Z9x jest już dostępny do sprzedaży w cenie 1087,00 zł brutto. (available: 283 USD)
Odtwarzacz Zidoo Z10 Pro jest już dostępny do sprzedaży w cenie 1529,00 zł brutto. (available: 398 USD)
Odtwarzacz Zidoo Z1000 Pro jest już dostępny do sprzedaży w cenie 1967,00 zł brutto. (available: 512 USD)

..and i waiting for promissed tests (Netflix, Youtube etc + play SACD ISO's with Multichannel tracks).
When i got I will share to all of you !

EDIT:
First test Zidoo Z9X and Z10Pro:

YouTube 4K with HDR - no problem, Youtube with Dolby Vision (on LG TV) playing like standard HDR (HDR info),
SACD ISO and DFF or DXF (stereo) = downgrade to 176 or 88 Khz,
SACD ISO Multichannel - no info.
FLAC 24b/176kHz - native HDMI audio signal - no problems
Audio files 5.1 like xxxx.dts - without problems.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Please could you not post info about other brand/models in this thread? It’s super confusing. The link is fine, but people are going to read the table above and think this is about the 4K Pro 2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased the unit and there is no way I see Google play store as well as the Android TV under the Android folder. One major feature I purchase the Pro II is the ATV function... Any insight?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts