AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this last night, and didn't find any discussion of it. It's another one from Mike Cahill and starring this time (but not co-written with) Brit Marling. They previously did Another Earth together. It has the same sort of vibe as his previous work that I've seen, similar to Another Earth, that sort of mix of science and mysticism and the intersection of the two, with a very spacey, zen-like vibe to the whole thing, and a typical reveal at the end. As with the previous work, the writing and acting is good and serves well that "never quite sure where I stand" atmosphere very well. Intentions and motivations are always masked or misdirected to keep you off your feet. The dialog was a bit mumbly and bit hard to get, at least for me. It might have been my less than optimal environment enhancing the wrong content too much, I dunno.

I won't get really into the story and how it all unfolds, since that's really the point of these movies. But, if you liked Another Earth, and also some of Brit's work with other people, like "The Sound of my Voice", you'll likely enjoy this one and want to watch it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.