AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
How is the sound at connected? Via eARC or directly from the Zidoo?
If it’s the first one, the CX doesn’t supports DTS pass through.
Zidoo is directly connected via HDMI to the soundbar. And the soundbar is connected via eARC to the CX.

Is-this the correct way?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, that is the correct way in your case.
did you disable “Downmix HD audio output”?
Yes I have it disabled. I had tried "RAW" and "AUTO" in HDMI audio setting, but I am still getting DTS 5.1 sound in the soundbar and not DTS 7.1 or DTS:X

I was wondering if the LG CX is somehow involved into the above problem

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi all, anyone compared the new 2020 Zidoo range to the Oppo 203 in terms of pure audio/video performance ?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
368 Posts
in zidoo settings are trailers links editable?

When for example I look for a trailer in italian language on youtube I just copy the link from the youtube page and paste it in my moviebuddy app;
It is sufficient to write in the app the final part of the link pasted that is the part after “=“. Every body could in this way to get a trailer in his language..

and about aspect ratio:
in your review I can read aspect ratio: fit
but I would like to know if exact aspect ratio can be shown..

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I managed to get dts:x by playing files with the zdmc player. With the native player I am not getting dts:x
I know you said you tried "RAW" but there is currently a bug where if you choose "Auto", DTS core only will play so you lose DTS-HD and DTS-X.

If you set the Audio the "RAW", DTS-HD and DTS-X pass through with no issues.

Reactions: Sledgehamma

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Reactions: Sledgehamma

·
Registered
LG 48 CX6LB - LG 42 LE8800 - Zidoo X9S - Minix Neo U1 - Xtreamer Elvira
8 Posts
The review has been updated to reflect changes in the recent firmware updates.
Great! Let's hope they will fix the main picture quality problem with this box: raised black levels. This is the only thing that keeps me from buying z9x right now

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
yes, that’s the only remaining PQ issue. However, keep in mind that it’s only present and certain modes. So depending on your setup you may not even be affected.

Mark made a great thread in which he explained the issue in great detail:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Great! Let's hope they will fix the main picture quality problem with this box: raised black levels. This is the only thing that keeps me from buying z9x right now
Just to be clear you will only see this issue under very specific circumstances - when you specifically choose to use the VS10 engine with either an HDR10 or SDR only display.

Under normal circumstances and in most setups, this issue will not raise its head and with the (very) recent developments with Dolby Vision FEL playback, this really is the player to beat now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looked around but couldn't find an answer so here goes:
Just ordered a UHD 3000 and I will be writing my own remote using IP control. I want the display to be without any OSD at all times during playback. Is there a way to disable the OSD so when I FF or REW using IP control, no OSD is visible during playback?
Also if OSD cannot be disabled, how does the unit behave when a 23.976 file is played and OSD is displayed? Is the OSD in the same frame rate? I will be using this together with a Lumagen Radiance Pro.

·
Registered
197 Posts
with the (very) recent developments with Dolby Vision FEL playback, this really is the player to beat now.
Is this still the case? I'm interested in potentially migrating from my Vero 4K, which runs a linux based kodi variant, to a player that supports Dolby Vision content (specifically mkvs of a certain type). It seems the Zidoo Z9X and the Dune HD Real Vision 4K offer a very similar feature set and I'm curious which one is the better device between the two.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Is this still the case? I'm interested in potentially migrating from my Vero 4K, which runs a linux based kodi variant, to a player that supports Dolby Vision content (specifically mkvs of a certain type). It seems the Zidoo Z9X and the Dune HD Real Vision 4K offer a very similar feature set and I'm curious which one is the better device between the two.
Personally for my use, yes absolutely.

I've had a Vero 4k+ since they were released - I don't particularly like Kodi which doesn't help, but also the SOC in the Vero is very underpowered these days and if I see a single frame skip from a player, that's it consigned to the ever growing pile of media players I own. The Vero just doesn't cut it.

There's not a huge amount to choose between the Dune and the Zidoo, especially with the recent release of the Real Vision since that finally put paid to the mad price difference between the two.

However, the Zidoo Z9X has better features for me than the Dune - I use RS232 to control and the Dune doesn't do that, it has full EDID control and better manipulation of HDR and resolution settings.

One big gripe I've always had with Dune is they insist on having a "Maximum Resolution" rather than a GUI resolution so if you want the GUI at 4K23 (to reduce resyncs) that means you can't play 4K60 content - the Zidoo doesn't have that restriction.

The Zidoo front end jukebox (Home Theatre 4) is far far better than Dune's old and ailing My Collection but I believe they have a new front end coming but not for a while (2 months or so I think they said).

So the Zidoo is more flexible in terms of EDID and mode manipulation and a real biggie here - they have their own forum which is manned by Zidoo techs and they will happily interact with users.

Currently Dune support Dolby Vision in BD Menu/ISO which the Zidoo doesn't, but that's being worked on as we speak and will no doubt be online soon.

I use it purely for MKV and for that it's absolutely bomb proof.

Both are good players, but in my case, the one I use in my cinema is the Zidoo and that won't change.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thank you for your response. Is there some way I can send you a private message? I just want to make sure the specific DV mkv files I'm interested in playing are supported by the Z9X. I notice in your signature that you're also using a Shield Pro, what does it do that the Z9X does not? Also, is the Z9X meant as an always on device like the Vero is?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thank you for your response. Is there some way I can send you a private message? I just want to make sure the specific DV mkv files I'm interested in playing are supported by the Z9X. I notice in your signature that you're also using a Shield Pro, what does it do that the Z9X does not? Also, is the Z9X meant as an always on device like the Vero is?
Yes, of course - just send a PM on the forum.

The thing about these players is they're rubbish for the likes of Netflix, Amazon etc etc - so I just use a Shield for online stuff and the Zidoo for local.

They are always plugged into the wall wart but they both have on/off/standby modes.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts