AVS Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Does that mean then that there is no posters, plot description, etc. for a movie until I hit play on it?
No - the initial scrape grabs all that, the only thing missing until you play are media badges at the bottom of the details screen.

So after the initial scrape you get:

Then after playing, media badges are added:

These can also be added and enhanced using file suffixes, but I don't bother with that.

As @Sledgehamma says they'll be adding MediaInfo into the library scrapes soon.

Reactions: vadergr

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Reactions: Sledgehamma

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is there any info regarding the raised black level issue?
Can Zidoo/Realtek (probably the latter) fix it in this generation?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,

I made a new Widget for my personal use

I like it when it's sober, like the Cancer GUI of the PRO series, I'm not a fan of bright colors.

Here is the link for those interested

And you can find the Wallpaper I use here

Posterwall (HT4.0)

There are other widgets on my thread dedicated to Posterwall

See you soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excellent presentation of Zidoo products by Thomas from futureland.fr who spoke about the strengths and weaknesses of Zidoo boxes.

They have been selling Zidoo products for about 1 year and are very satisfied with Zidoo products and the communication with the Zidoo team.

Thomas that we see on the picture has currently several multimedia boxes (he indicates that he is GEEK) and Zidoo stands out from the rest with the quality of their material, Posterwall which is one of the great strength of Zidoo and their proximity with the users.

Futureland tested the audiophile part of the UHD3000 in their showroom and they are really impressed by the sound quality (this also confirms the test on homecinema-fr in their showroom with the Zappiti PRO 4K HDR Authentic Cinema VS Zidoo UHD2000 last year) the UHD3000 does even better.

he talked about the image quality which is also excellent but we already knew that.

According to him Zidoo offers a first class hardware/software combo.

He talks about the DV compatibility which is not yet complete and the BDmenu which is not yet functional and there are problems with MP4 files, all these little irritants will be solved in the near future, the Zidoo team is working on this.

It also indicates that these boxes are not good to use Netflix, disney+,etc.... because they are boxes conceived at the base to play our dematerialized video files in local network...

An interesting report that only confirms what we already think about our Zidoo devices.

I took the liberty to participate to this presentation by writing comments and Thomas made me a little hello, he is very nice and for the French speaking people in France don't hesitate to contact him, he is the advisor for Zidoo products at futureland.fr

See you soon

·
Registered
114 Posts
Unfortunately there's no centralised library which would be ideal, but when you have two or more Zidoos setup pointing at the same sources they will all scrape the same information.

Once you have the library setup on each device, any further additions get scraped the same automatically on each device.

I also then export artwork and NFOs from a "master" box which means if something goes awry with a box, it can be rescraped using local resources and return to the same state.
Thanks for the response.

Do you know where the Home Theater library gets stored?
If it's on the local storage (I believe the Z9X has 16GB available) - are you aware of anyone running out of space with a large library?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Do you know where the Home Theater library gets stored?
If it's on the local storage (I believe the Z9X has 16GB available) - are you aware of anyone running out of space with a large library?

Thanks again.
The database itself lives on the internal storage, but it's just SQL Lite so a few Mb at absolute worst.

The posters, backdrops and Clear Logos are stored on internal storage by default, again not taking up much room, but you can specify a custom location for that in settings if you wish.

Personally I use local artwork and NFOs in the movie directories to scrape from in which case the poster directory doesn't get used.

No, I've never heard of anyone running out of storage..

Reactions: lfletcher

·
Registered
21 Posts
The database itself lives on the internal storage, but it's just SQL Lite so a few Mb at absolute worst.

The posters, backdrops and Clear Logos are stored on internal storage by default, again not taking up much room, but you can specify a custom location for that in settings if you wish.

Personally I use local artwork and NFOs in the movie directories to scrape from in which case the poster directory doesn't get used.

No, I've never heard of anyone running out of storage..
I have crashed HT3/4 a number of times with a "large" database There are a couple of posts on the Zidoo forum and a recent thread about this. Movies are not the necessarily the issue but TV series can be as these generate a large number of database entries ie series/season/episode/actor entries let alone artwork (stored externally). I have encountered the same issue with the Dune "My Collection" app once again due to the database being held in system/flash memory. In the new android based Dunes the option to store the database externally at present now no longer exists previously you could move it to a "special" partition if you formatted an internal HDD/SSD correctly. I have posted a number of times on the Zidoo forum about holding the database externally on an sd card/NAS etc. separate from system flash memory which the "old school "YAMJ (defunct) and yaDIS (possibly on its way out for TV due to changes in the TVDB api) and KODI (external sql database) or MyMovies for Dune can do.
So on my Z1000 Pro, for Movies I use HT4 and for TV series I use ZDMC connected to an external sql database

81 - 90 of 90 Posts