AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any reviews on the LG DV7832, a DVD player that upconverts to 720p and 1080i through BOTH DVI and component connections?

Features:

1080i Video Output Capability

CDiª Video Processing Chip

Progressive Scan Output

Digital Audio Output DTS/Dolby Digital

MP3 Decoding

JPEG Viewer

Variable Speed Smooth Scan Forward/Reverse (2x/4x/16x/100x)

Zoom - 6-Step Moveable (1.5x up to 4x)

Aspect Ratios - 4:3/16:9/Panscan

Parental Control

Plays DVD-Video, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, WMA, Kodak CD, JPEG, VCD, SVCD, MP3

It has the Faroudja chip for upconversion. This unit has both coaxial and optical outs, S-video out and composite video out.

The manual describes that the DVI output is compliant with HDCP specifications. I understand from another forum that the manual refers to the connection as DVI-D.

Dave

·
Registered
370 Posts
I can't find anything saying it has DVI output. For the price I would be doubtful. If it does have DVI out and upconverts....it would be a good buy at $299 Canadian.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tup
I can't find anything saying it has DVI output. For the price I would be doubtful. If it does have DVI out and upconverts....it would be a good buy at $299 Canadian.
Got some of the above info from a Digital Home Canada forum member in Toronto who bought this player. He said that it's better than a Panasonic RP91. Not sure exactly which store he had purchased his player.

Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tup
I can confirm that this unit has DVI output and cable is included. It is a DVI-D cable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would love to see a side by side comparison of these two units - Samsung 931 and LG 7832.

what made me consider the LG among other things was that it does the upconversion through either DVI or component. I think samsung only does that through DVI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.