Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ?

I have a LP350 right now.... would like to know if anybody has one and got a CS-1.....

I can't believe nobody wrote a review yet.... ... :)

Please people, don't let us in the dark.... enlight us with your discoveries....

If i don't get any replies within a few days, i'll just assume are too busy watching movies.... so i'll guess the CS1 is just THAT great.. :)

Pierre

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I assume that most people went through the power buy, that would mean that they may be receiving their scaler in the next few days.

clopez

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I received mine late this afternoon. On my birthday, happily enough. However, I can't set it up until tomorrow.

I should be able to have some early observations using my XGA LCD projector sometime tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
100 Posts
"The 72/75Hz issue is a potential showstopper for me. " I don't understand this. The SIL504 deinterlacer only outputs NTSC at 60Hz (really 59.94Hz), so you don't have the option, like you might with a ROCK or a computer, of obtaining true 3:3 output from film sources. So all the scaling chip is doing is a temporal rate conversion to convert 60Hz to 72 or 75Hz, which isn't necessarily a good thing if you can avoid it. Why not stick to 60Hz?

Steve

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by S Goff
"The 72/75Hz issue is a potential showstopper for me. " I don't understand this. The SIL504 deinterlacer only outputs NTSC at 60Hz (really 59.94Hz), so you don't have the option, like you might with a ROCK or a computer, of obtaining true 3:3 output from film sources. So all the scaling chip is doing is a temporal rate conversion to convert 60Hz to 72 or 75Hz, which isn't necessarily a good thing if you can avoid it. Why not stick to 60Hz?

Steve
Steve is correct, however I had a similar experience with my LCD projector and come to find out the projector frame rate converted back to 60HZ and was dropping frames. Try 72hz on a CRT monitor to see if you get the same result. In any case I will report this to our engineers for them to investigate.

If I tell the Dr. it hurts when I do that, the Dr. will tell me then don't do that :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Oh one more thing. We have Frame rate conversion that is why we are able to support 72 and 75Hz, but we do not support 3:3 pulldown.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One of the reasons that people want a higher frame rate is to avoid flicker, but fixed pixel devices generaly don't have flicker because they are sample and hold devices, which stay at the same light value until next addressed. And as Shaun found, many of them only work at 60Hz, so they employ frame rate conversion to address the panel at 60Hz, regardless of the input frequency.

Steve

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by boblinds
I particularly appreciate having separate buttons for Film Bias and Std Video Bias. Makes it easy to experiment with your preference for the material at hand.
While giving user more control is always good, I just don't understand why this is needed. I thought the SI deinterlace chip is good enough in auto mode all the time, like a Faroudja chip. In fact I heard people saying the DVDO even outperforms a Faroudja in deinterlace alone (film/video detect/lockin/recovery).

Only the poor Genesis must use this adjustment!

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't get you guys. I spend time away from the new toy to provide some feedback and I get no thanks from anybody, just a bunch of muttering.

Makes me wonder why I even bothered.

But sincere thanks to David and Toxic for the thoughtful birthday greetings. That was appreciated. And thanks to Shaun for the info.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hmmm, I though I was being helpful.... Ah well, sorry if you thought otherwise.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Boblinds,

I don't think you should be disheartened. I found your comments interesting, even though I currently have no intention of buying a CS-1. But I though one contentless comment was enough, so I didn't post a thanks.

So thank you for your comments, I found them interesting, and I regret that you've since deleted them.

- David Eddy

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oferlaor
I seem to remember that the Sil coprocessors usually do the auto detect between film and video modes. Not sure how the CS-1 handles the automatic detection.
Yes the Sil 504 will auto detect in both Film Bias and Standard Video modes the difference is that the detection resonse time is faster with the film bias mode.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.