AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i got the bug again. I'd like to do a nice 8' tall for my 9' ceiling. It would fill the open spot in my multizone system for my livingroom. The other zones are all subwoofer sat systems utilizing a 30hz hipass and electronic XO @ 80hz, that would be my deck and garage.

I was looking at 12 Jamo sale drivers ( PE ) per side http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-911

Not sure what tweeters to use...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You'll need a tweeter that you can crossover to at less than 3000Hz. At a 3000Hz cross, you'll have nulls at 35 degrees off axis for a 70 deg pattern.

Why 8'? Go floor-to-ceiling (or as close as you can) and you'll solve floorand celing bounce problems...

JSS

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
"Do horn tweeters work well in arrays?"

of course. that is what they use in those giant curved arrays that you see at stadiums and concerts. ideally, you want a narrow vertical pattern.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, tweeters top to bottom ?

Woofers top to bottom ?

I really like the .97 woofers and .89 tweeters !!!!

Reason i ask about the woofers is, it would be easy to wire 16 woofers to work out to an 8 ohm load.....other wise top to bottom would be 19 woofers

Cant wait to get this started !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

·
Registered
7,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran /forum/post/20795515

If the tweeters are narrow enough, can i float them infront of the woofers ?

That would space the tweeters too far apart. I think read they need like 1" max from center-to-center? Something like that.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie /forum/post/20795976

That would space the tweeters too far apart. I think read they need like 1" max from center-to-center? Something like that.

Cool enough....now a XO

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran /forum/post/20796205

Cool enough....now a XO

*cough*mini dsp*cough*

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/20796753

Good choice for a project like this. Though going active means separate amps. Maybe a passive crossover would be more ideal for this project.

How bout it, Kgveteran?

Again, your thoughts everyone Lol...... I like the passive direction, can i go generic ?

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I cant do active, this is a multiroom system and only have one amp for mains ( 80hz and above ) and one subwoofer amp ( 80hz and below ). So this system will be mated with a nice horn sub

Here is the first zone http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...e+music+system

1 - 20 of 38 Posts