AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the release of the new movie I decided to finally break out my PotA Blu-Ray set and sit down for a 5 movie marathon. With the exception of the last film, the series stands up well and still can be considered one of the most successful sci-fi series in cinema history.

I would say that if you plan on sitting down and watch these movies to ignore the last (Battle for PotA) which makes no sense, is confusing (to say the least) and has really poor production values.

Right now I'm going through the TV series (which seems to be the only reason movie 5 exists), which is decent (but also a bit confusing).

A good watch overall. I am looking forward to seeing the new movie.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I loved the original '68 film. The sequels weren't nearly as good, but even the worst ones had some merits. And as a kid I loved the short lived TV show. Watching it now it looks like Bo and Luke Duke in a simian redo of The Fugitive. BTW, I even had all the Mego action figures. Wish I still had those, they're worth a small mint.

·
Registered
19,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TV show had absolutely 0 continuity. In one episode the ape doctors could be using modern microscopes then in a later episode an astronaut "invents" a magnifying glass?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
IMHO, out of 5 stars:

Planet of the Apes *****

Beneath the Planet of the Apes **1/2

Escape From the Planet of the Apes ***1/2

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes ***1/2 (**** for the "violent" cut)

Battle for the Planet of the Apes *

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.