AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having low volume problems and worse than most have reported... at least I think.

I'm using the Revo 7.1 to drive an Aragon 4004 and a 3 channel Accurus(sp?) amp. I have Snell C5s up front FWIW. I loaded the newest drivers tonight and decided to recalibrate the speaker levels. Using the Video Essentials CD, I couldn't get close to 70db at the listening position with all sliders on max.

Am I missing another volume adjustment somewhere? I can't find any place to adjust that doesn't say "M-Audio". Hopefully I'm just overlooking something. Can't stand the thought of what might happen to my speakers with everything maxed is something really kicks in.

Forgot to mention.... running XP-Pro on Asus P4PE

I'd go back to my Golden Theater Pre/Pro, but sadly, it has bit the dust.

TIA,

Gary

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^

one bump for those of you that *should* be working on a Friday afternoon.

:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dm
What DVD software are you using? You should set the DVD player software volume at max and control the volume with the revo control panel.

Also, some DVD player software has settings for quiet, headphone, and full dynamic range for the volume. You should be using the full dynamic range setting for your measurements.
dm,

I've been using WinDVD 4 Platinum. It appears that changing the volume on WinDVD also changes the volume on the Revo control panel. i.e., if i set the volume at about 50% on WinDVD and then bring up the Revo panel, the master volume will be set at 50%.

Other media players such as Winamp, WindowsMP9, foobar, etc. only play at about the same volume as WinDVD.

I believe I have the volume sliders set at max in 3 places:

1. Individual speaker levels in the Revo panel

2. The master volume level in the revo panel (I believe this is the same from either the revo applet, or through Setting/Control Panel/Sounds

3. WinDVD

Zoomplayer 3.2 Pro gives similar results. Maybe just a bit louder.

All this said, the volume at max is about where I like to listen, but I'm concerned that if some setting gets kicked by a software app. I may be shopping for speakers.

Ideas?

thanks for your reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.