AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been joined at the hip to using my PC as a preamp / processor I got smitten by class D amplification and bought a class D amplifier (and very nice it seems to be so far too), I now want to get digital out from my Windows XP PC without it being kicked in sensitive places by Windows on the way past.

I have selected Digital out in the revo panel and everything arrives digitally at my new amp - including DD 5.1 and DTS from DVDs by setting SPDIF in audio panel of powerDVD.

BUT when playing CDs or MP3 through foobar, winamp or windows muddier player, revo says that incoming signal is 48k not 44.1, so it looks like windows is 'kindly' resampling and mixing for me.

I can't use ASIO out as the revo drivers don't let ASIO output go down the digital line (reverts to analogue stereo when I do this).

Anyone know how I can persuade windows to let me just pass through the digital stream to the digital out without messing with it please?

I still have my old m-audio delta 410 if that would be better.... :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dm, thanks, I found the problem elsewhere though - my TV software doesn't let go of its sound stream when closed to the system tray, and was forcing everything else to its rate of 48k. If I shut that app down, then I get proper rates coming through from winamp and from foobar.

Oh! and its a panny XR55 - just about to try setting it up for bi-amping main speakers

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.